Greetings from Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Hi Ark, just got to 66 a month ago myself. Legs are giving out but putting a 1950s Monark bike together to take up the slack.

Think you will enjoy this group. Got a question? Someone will have the answer and the cure.

Found the best part of getting old is when you drift off for a nap nobody questions it and in a way they kind of expect it.

Steve.

Hi Ark, just got to 66 a month ago myself. Legs are giving out but putting a 1950s Monark bike together to take up the slack.

Think you will enjoy this group. Got a question? Someone will have the answer and the cure.

Found the best part of getting old is when you drift off for a nap nobody questions it and in a way they kind of expect it.

Steve.

LOL! Most probably enjoy the peace and quiet!

Some of these guy's got more steel in their bodies than on their bikes!

The crazy part is that their bikes are hand built to tighter tolerances! So much for Doctors, Ehhh!

machiasmort, that is to true. I'm riding around on titanium knees.

Hey, that peace and quiet works both ways don't forget.

Some times the guys building the bikes have better material to work with than the doctors do.

I complained one time to the guy who took my drivers license photo about the quality.
He took the license, studied it carefully and handed it back with the comment that he thought it was pretty darned good considering, just what they had to work with.

Steve.

I'm talking attention to detail... To a Doctor your just another number in a heard! To the bike builder, you know your but is on the seat!

I love this time of year, hot Cider and spiced Rum, Good for naps!

Machiasmort, we have a chair here that heats, vibrates, tilts back and tips up to let you get out out.
It is known in the Chair of Death. Once I'm in it, I'm dead to the world.

Bottling cider tomorrow. Spiced rum is indeed perfect this time of year. Off to the package store to put the theory to the test. Thank You.

Steve.

Hi You Cider Sippers! When You Nap In That Chair, Make Sure To Throw Another Long On The Fire. Remember, I`m From Northern Wisconsin. Now Turtle T Probably Has His Ac On, I Have My Fan In High Gear And All The Windows Open. Thinking About The Cider Makes Me Thirsty, Have You Got Enough Cinnamon Sticks?? I guess you don`t need them with rum. Ron

Last edited:
Back