Greetings from New Mexico.

MountainDon

Local time
4:02 AM
Hi. We live near Albuqueruqe. I'm interested in learning about these motorized/converted bicycles. I've just started looking around; know someone with a couple Whizzers, but they are too pricey for me right now. So I'm seeing what I can learn before taking the plunge.

You've come to the right place. So c'mon in. Welcome and enjoy yourself.

The people here are just great. They are interested and eager to help.

You can find opinions and experiences with the various engines and drive-trains available.
And when you've made your decision and have ordered your kit you can read and pick up all sorts of information about the one you've chosen while you're waiting for it to arrive.
There is no doubt at all that reading these posts saved me from making (possibly fatal) mistakes when I did my builds.

I'd like a Whizzer, too. But I just can't justify that kind of outlay at this time. But the good news is that you can find alternatives that are easily affordable. After all, you can buy a frame mounted 2 stroke (known as "happy time" engines) for about the cost of 2 gasoline fill-ups. It would be almost impossible to not justify an investment like that.

And I'll bet you can ride year-round. I envy you.

Hey I'm in Ruidoso, been building motor bikes for 3 years, let me know if I can help.

Thanks TWalker.

Right now I'm leaning towards getting an engine kit from Spooky Tooth. But still thinking, looking, researching...

Back