Greetings from Paso Robles CA , Ride all year long!

OHVwhizzer

Local time
7:42 AM
My name is Miles Giese and I'm a new to these "Post" things. But I'm in no way new to the motorized bike game.

I own a CNC machine shop in Paso Robles, CA called SWIM Engineering. And I started riding motorized bikes about 3 years ago. One thing led to another and I started to meet folks like Mike Simpson and and his brother Robert, both Whizzer dealers.

I live in the heart of Califronia wine country. And I love to ride my bike around town to the store, on errands for the shop, over the hill to the coast, or along the Salinas River past horse ranches and vineyards to my home in Templeton for lunch.

Oh yeah my bikes. 1) 26" Macargi Panther(Pacific Cycle) Beach Cruiser frame with 60cc 2 stroke. Very nice black anodized custom motor mounts, custom rear hub sprocket mount, custom chain tensioner, springer front end with drum brake. Wald style Bull Horn Bars, Goose Neck seat post, Steel Bike rack. And of course in Black and Chrome and "Slamed" whenever possible. Great Ride! Hopped up the motor that would pull a wheelie! 35+ mph. Good things don't last. Ran it too hard , too fast, too long, and too lean. But boy did she GO! right before I blew up the main rod bearing. She lives again but slower.

2) 24" Kaluna (Pacific Cycle $69.00 @ WalMat) I kept looking at this little red and black bike with cool red wheels. So one day I took a cardboard cut out of a motor kit to the store to see if it would fit. Like a Glove! 49cc 2-cycle motor, custom rear hub sprocket mount, 40 tooth sprocket goose neck seat post. Tons of Fun, makes a great parade bike. Great running motor and quick.

3) Custom Built Whizzer Replica to test and show-case my new Over Head Valve Conversion Kit on a WC-1 2000 motor and prototype squeeze clutch.

The bike is Re-pop of a Whizzer Cantaliver type frame, Springer Forks, Front Drum Brake, Rear Kick Brake, Panther Horn Tank to house all the electronics, Whizzer wide crank, Heavy duty .105 spoke rear wheel, and a custom made all Brass Gas Tank / Rear Rack combo. Origianl Wald Bars and Stem, Old 60's Bike Head lamp (Dual Bulb) wired into bikes system. This Bike runs great! Sound Great! and looks all so cool. My prototype squeeze clutch keeps the belts in tension all the time and lets the bike idle and pedal as if the front belt was taken off. This system make the the Whizzer fun to ride around town and at stop lights.

Many of you may not know me but know about me via the Overhead Valve Conversion Kit with the outside push rods and rockers. I don't claim to be an engine expert but I'm willing to listen and learn and offer help when I can.

I love to machine parts and I love to ride motorized bikes. Hope to hear from you all

Miles

Back