Greetings From Portland, OR.

P

Paddie

I've been riding bikes and motorcycles for years. This is all somewhere in between my two favorite rides.
I saw a Whizzer recently and it peaked my curiosity. I went for a ride at the local dealer, but wasn't particularly impressed with the quality ... so I searched the web for motorized bikes and found you all.
This site is a tremendous resource. I look forward to utilizing it as I put together my first motorized bike. Although my background is factory automation, I have no experience with engines. I am about to retire and look forward to experiencing this new hobby of mine.
I recently purchased the GruBee 49cc standard kit. I have back-ordered a Nirve 3speed cruiser. ( I'm wondering if I should have picked the one speed over the three speed ).
My hat is off to all of you. This 'hobby' is not only fun, but of great social significance given the present state of our economy, environment and global oil reserves.
In Portland the local media has recently claimed that scooters were greater polluters than SUVs. Already what I have learned on motorbikes.com will help to counter and dispel the unfounded fears which are all to prevelant in my community.
Ride On,
Paddie

Welcome Paddie. I used to live in Portland. Some great places to ride. Hope your build goes well.
It's Motoredbikes.com (you got to remember the ed).

(you got to remember the ed).
Yeah, I remember ed. Quite a guy.

Welcome, and I hope the Pacific Northwest doesn't sink under the weight of all them motors!

Nice to know there are so many like minded people living nearby. Is there a local group that meets in this area? Maybe we all should meet over a beer.

Nice to know there are so many like minded people living nearby. Is there a local group that meets in this area? Maybe we all should meet over a beer.

Without a doubt! We also have pedal bike rallies down in Eugene and Albany.

Maybe we could meet halfway in Woodburn where JE lives.

Dan

Back