Greetings from San Diego!

J

Jmnmaui

Hey guys and gals,
I've been reading the forums for a few weeks now and I'm convinced it's time to turn my bike into a moped. Such a wealth of information here. Hope to chat and contribute soon!

-J

Welcome to MBc. :cool: I agree that this forum is great source of info.
I continue to find new (old) threads to read each day.

Type bike you are adding Power Assist' to? Preferred boost method; Petrol or electric

Hello & Welcome in San Diego, Concur, but I joined on very 1st referral/visit! Hope you & all yours avoided all/any of the fire damage &/or mud slides
SNPD/edtd Hey guys and gals, forum LURKER a few weeks now, I'm convinced turn bike into a moped, wealth of information here. Hope to chat and contribute soon!-J
Think you may have a good LOCAL points of contact, depending on desired assist methods! Can see & get real hands-on some of the methods!
I am thinking of trying BL-36 fm Wilderness Electric myself, Would be greeneny@yahoo.com WE system vs BionX PL350.

Welcome to MB.c from another Cal-ee-phorn-ian!

I'm up 'ere in El Lay riding a 2-stroked Schwinn Cruiser.

As CC XT rider asked, what kind of bike do you want to motorize?

See you 'round!

-Chris

:)~

Get a motor on you bicycle so you will have a motor assisted bicycle. Welcome to the tribe from the Giant Side of Texas!

I'm looking at putting the 4-stroke Skyhawk II into either my 21 speed mountain bike, or donor 12 speed mountain bike. I think I'd prefer the donor because it's made of steel (makes welding easier, if neccesary). Originally I looked at electric (hub motors and chain drives) but decided that spending $800 was a bit much for me right now. However ~$400 for a nice commuter powered bicycle sounds good.

Ah, I've just had a vocabulary lesson. Moped refer to scooters etc. I don't want one of those. I defenitely still want to pedal myself around...with a 4-stroke assist :D

Back