Greetings From Schenectady, NY!

Schenectady Motors

Local time
8:49 PM
Hey guys! My name is Mark and I'm from Schenectady, New York (city that lights and hauls the world; actually I live near it).
Been into motorbikes for a little while now, hopefully I will stick with the hobby as well. I currently own a 50cc, 2-Stroke motorbike that I assembled myself with the assistance of my family. Can be a little problematic, but when it runs, it's great! Unfortunately right now the stock spark plug needs to be replaced, so once again it doesn't run. Oh well.
Hope to stick around and get to know everyone!

We're glad you joined up.

Component failures, like your spark plug, are annoying, aren't they? But I guess it's all part of the fun. And it does seem like these bikes become more reliable as we get to understanding them better.

It's been an awful long time since I've been left high and dry, anyway.

Thanks!
Yeah, they sure can be, especially when you have to walk it home (my pedals no longer work). Flat rear tires are the worst I've dealt with, because it functions, but you could damage the tire, but you end up replacing it anyways because its too destroyed. However, like you said, its part of the fun, whether it be changing a spark plug, maintaining the clutch flower nut, or even switching out tires. Even adding things makes it worth it. And you're most certainly right about understanding them; I fixed a couple of issues with it by adjusting something on the throttle. Who would've guessed?
Hopefully, although there will constantly be maintenance, just like a car, this motorbike will eventually be running smoothly.

Well the chain was taken off because it was broken, and its a milti speed bike, and since the bike pedals interfered with the muffler anyway (I don't want to mess around with the muffler), I locked them up with a U-Bolt.
I live on a hill, so I engage the clutch and let go when I build enough speed.

Back