Greetings from the Ontario Capital

C

chrias

Hi,

My name is Chris and I'm from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I've been lurking on the boards for a couple of weeks now and decided to finaly jump on board.

I don't have a motorized bike yet but I do plan on building something because I like to tinker with things especially my vehicles. LOL

I think it would be great to teach my 3 boys on how to build and fool around with things. I will be receiving plans shortly on how to build a quad cycle out of PVC tubing and I was getting the idea of possibly motorizing that if and when I build it.

Chris

there he is! :)

man, i am sooo into inspiring the next generation to think outside the box...i love hearing about members who are working with their kids to get them involved :D

welcome to MBc 8)

Thanks! Well I got them started by having them work on my 86 Grand Prix. I had them take the fender and header panel off and then had them bolt it back on, that is after I had it aligned. Teaches them how to use the tools.

BTW they're, 12, 10 and 8.

welcome to MBc Chris ! :D
to bad more dads didn't carry on that tradition :(
the boys will be better for your efforts !!!! 8) 8) 8)

Thanks for the warm welsome everyone. Most of my tinkering knowledge I learned from my grandfather as I didn't have a father growing up. I'm the only grandson that's a jack of all trades, master of none. My brother and cousins don't know squat except video games and computers. LOL

I'm the only one in the family that knows how to fix cars. My granmother didn't even realize I knew how to swap motors until I did it in her driveway a few years ago. I'm actually forcing my brother to work on his own car instead of me. I just supervise him and tell him what to do. He's 35 and I just tell him, "Don't be afraid little boy." LOL

BTW I'm 36 and my boys are 12, 10 and 8.

:D Yes, welcome :D
I'm looking for a beach crusier now to put on of these bad boys
(70cc engines) on. :)

Back