Greetings from the underbelly of Maine

C

cheezis

My name is Ian, I am 17 and my motor kit for my bicycle should be arriving very soon.
I was just wondering... A lot of the motor kits for bicycles appearing on ebay downgrade eachother, making the other competitors look like squat. I'm currious; when you buy one of these kits, in the 80cc department, are they all about the same?
Thank you for your time.

I agree, those conflicting descriptions that each brand gave their engine on the website prevented me from actually buying one for about a year. I got the KingsMotorBikes.com version and I'm lovin' it.

Also from what I see on this forum, all the engines in a certain class (80cc/49cc) use parts that are interchangeable between engines, and are very similar in performance, If you break it in correctly.

IMO, yes they are similar, but this is only from what I've seen on these forums.

You will be glad with your purchase either way. Follow the break-in instructions elsewhere on this site and it will pay off in the end.

http://www.thatsdax.com/index.html

That site has every replacement part, plus alternate parts for your engine, basically everything you could need.

So have fun when you get it, and while you are waiting for it to arrive, look at the bikes some of the creative people on this site have put together in the "Gallery", The boardtrack styled ones are amazing.

Welcome to the community.

dude, i'm from maine, too.... where-abouts are you? (like what town) anywhere near waterville?

Ha, Waterville sounds like it's way up there. I live in South Berwick in York County.
Thanks for the welcoming, dudes.

wow... york county is about as south as you can get.. waterville is in kennebec county, maybe about an hour and fifteen minutes north of portland...

-pianoman

glad you're here, cheezis...i kicked around kittery (actually worked & played in portsmouth) in the early 80's, and that's about as south as maine really gets, eh?

welcome to MBc 8)

Back