Greetings... I'm the new guy at the moment

jonbolland

Local time
8:13 PM
Day one: My name is Jon Bolland, wrench turner all my life. The first tool I can remember having in my hands was a pair of my fathers Diag. wire cutters when I was in the seconf grade. We won't talk about what I did with them, but let's just say I have been trying since then to make up for it. I Enjoy motorcycling and great gas milage. So I've had my eyes on things like "Whizzers" for sometime. One day a fellow brought me a motorized bicycle to see if I could fix it for him and I wound up owning it. I guess, selfish as it might sound, that is why I have come to this MotoredBikesdotCcom place. HELP... I have no Idea who made the engine or where to go for parts.... I do know the clutch is pretty beat up.

I have enough mechanical wherewithall and understand to have gotten into the thing and found why it won't motivate. Ten years in the US NAVY in Engineering (marine propulsion), 15 years in the metalworking trades, ten years as a powerplant operator... now I piddle with vintage motorcycles and work at a salt mine... I'll have grease under my fingernails at my funeral. I love it.

So if I can figure out how to post a picture... if that's apporpriate... maybe someone can ID this thig for me and maybe I can get parts for it. Although I have the resources to weld repair and remahine the worn parts I'd rather buy some "oem" replacement first.

ty. this group of guys and intrests is amazing I have been going from one thing to the next all morning... I'll have fun just navigating this site even if I never ride my motored bike...

Welcome Jon. Sorry, I've never seen that motor before. It looks cool though and I hope you get it running well.

engine ID

Welcome to MBc. :cool:
I had remembered a site that Sianelle shared with us.
The site has lots of pictures of small bicycle engines, maybe you can search thru the many pics listed on the page.
Heres the link, click on the "Pictures" in the left column, thanks again to Sianelle.
http://home.planet.nl/~venni011/

Looks almost like half of a little BMW motor complete with shaft drive. Mind you, I said looks ALMOST like. Ha ha
Hope you find it.

Back