Greetings to Everyone

frag2

Local time
1:17 AM
I am new to the Motorbiked Forum and would like to get Opinions & Comments about my choice for a comfort bike I am thinking of buying.

The bike is a Cadillac Fleetwood Crusier with NuVinci hub.
I plan to install a Honda GX35 engine & Friction drive mounting assembly on the rear tire supplied by bike motor parts.(already purchased engine & mount)

I am 69, 5'11", 175lbs. Do you think this bike would be an ideal choice?
I do have concerns about the only 18.5 available frame size that might be too small for me.

Also, concerns about buying online, and local bike shops able to work on NuVinci hub.

Your feedback is appreciated. Thanks

Looked at the bike.....$599.99

http://www.abikestore.com/Merchant2...eetwood-cruiser&Category_Code=&Store_Code=abs

I saw a bike at my bike shop last week, around $400-425, perfect for my customers (NOT YOU, now) but my older guys who can't swing the leg over the rail. As heavy a looking frame as the Cadillac.

Its a Trek Step Thru, midnight blue, 21 speeds, with the Pedals forward (the pedals are about 5-6 inches in front of the bottom of the seat post).

Front and rear suspension, shock seat post.

Lemme see if I can find the link......

Welcome frag, sounds like a great setup. You can now claim you bought a new cadillac without fibbing lol. Im not an expert on the nuvinci hub but with a friction drive why the expensive hub? What advantage does it give the bike? Im curious.

OK I looked at the url and that is a very nice ride and I found out my answer about the nuvinci hub.....................

Welcome frag, sounds like a great setup. You can now claim you bought a new cadillac without fibbing lol. Im not an expert on the nuvinci hub but with a friction drive why the expensive hub? What advantage does it give the bike? Im curious.
darwin, thanks for your reply. bamabike guy has a point. at my age, I thought maybe a step-thru bike would be better. No decision yet.
The advantage for friction drive roller is less complicated install & motor & drive roller can be lifted off rear tire for normal pedaling. except for additonal weight of motor & mounting assembly. About 15 lbs.

If you do go with a step thru (and the pedal forward feature nowadays IS a better aspect), you want the medium length throttle cable (80" ?) as opposed to the 60". That way it loops down below with the rest of your cables.

I just finished a different model of step thru, for an 80 year old with 2 artificial knees (6'4", 240 lbs.) You can adjust those handlebars in a lot more angles, and notice the seat post leans back more, another thing that makes them a comfortable ride.

Anyway, Mr. Canter called, about his first ride, and said "Next thing you know I was in Georgia !!"

(If you've already got the engine, you can call your supplier and ask for the .10 cent throttle clip that fits your specific carb, the cable is a local item....)

Back