Greetings

cpierce

Local time
12:10 PM
Hi all. I have been reading and lurking for about a month now. I am a teacher, administrator, technology coorinator, and computer/audio visual mechanic at a small remote elementary school. I teach 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th grade in the same room. It is much harder to teach fewer kids in multiple grades that more kids in one grade. And no, we do not have a potbelly stove. :) Actually, we are more up-to-date than most large schools.

May I take a moment and say thank you to all of you? Thanks to all who have posted, and a special thanks to all of the hard work that has kept this forum going. I have aquired alot of information and tips that have been invaluable to me.

I have just finished assembling an in frame mount of a Honda 50 motor, with a 56 tooth sprocket, on a Huffy mountain bike frame (circa 1980s). It started easily and runs ok. I was a bit disappointed on the lack of power on the steeper hills, but it runs well on the lower hills and flat. The clutch is a little noisy but not too bad.

There doesn't seem to be alot of vibration. I put innertube pieces between the frame and mounting base. I used 1/4 inch doughnuts of old black fuel hose under the feet of the motor. They squished down into very nice motor mounts.

I live in southeast Idaho and the elevation at my house is 5,240 ft so I probably need to adjust the fuel mixture (air to gas) for the high elevation as I plan on riding at this elevation and on up to 10,000ft. It does run a little rough and dies if I try to throttle all of the way down. :???:

Welcome to the forum. I am sure you'll get the bugs worked out. If you show your bike to the kids, they are all going to want one. Good luck to you.

Back