greetings

D

Demosthenese

Hello to everyone!

My name is Andje Lewkowicz-Lalonde. I live in ottawa ontario, which, to those who know it, is an amazingly bike-accesible city. Our public transport sucks, but the nonsuburb areas are small so its easy to live here without a car (imho). I bike everywere, accept in the winter of course when you pretty much have to take january and february off most years due to the snow.

i was looking for bike stuff on ebay when i stumbled accross the chinese engines. It piqued my interest and after a quick google search i found this site, as well as the other hundreds of amateur and small company sites. Pretty much spent all night going through them lol.

I bought my engine a couple days later, and its currently in the mail, to arrive hopefully next week. Im thinking im going to be putting it into a 2007 Wolverine mountain bike, which is currently my city riding bike.

In ontario of course, its highly illegal (aw shucks) but im not planning on making a scene. Ive talked to some police friends (i work in the superior court) and they say that they would hesitate to ticket someone pedeling a bike with an engine in it, which is basically what i plan to do anywere i could get caught. Ottawa is FULL of bike paths, and ill probably run the engine mostly along those. we shall see.

Even if i can only use it out of the city at my cottage or watever, im totally stoked to start this project. Ive never done any work watsoever with gas motors, so itll be good to start on something small, cheap and simple like one of these engines. Thanks to everyone for this site and all the work that has clearly gone into it; i can definetly say that for someone entering the hobby it is very reassuring to see how much support people have been getting on here. I look forward to sharing my build!

Demosthenese said:
i found this site, as well as the other hundreds of amateur and small company sites. Pretty much spent all night going through them lol.

Better get used to that :D

Welcome. :D

Back