Greetings!

I have been running some more ideas in my head, and I think this weekend I will have time for pics of basically holding stuff together to see which ideas would be best.

I already know from the get-go that the one rear wheel trailer that leans with the bike would be lightest, fastest, and easiest to front derailleur right from the motor since it has a cable engage/disengage (wohoo!) built in. going to a rear mtb tire mounted in a fork with a rear derailleur at the rear of trailer. Basic bike sprockets, chain, derailleurs, etc. setup except 6.5hp motor instead of pedals. Great for aerodynamics, sidewalks, singletracks, doorways, etc. Worry about pushing uphill on loose soil due to possible jacknifing.

The second idea is a typical 2 wheel trailer but either one tire drives- unlikely, or it would be heavier if i did two wheel drive, it would also be flip prone instead of leaning with bike, and wider, heavier, etc. More traction if 2WD. More capacity.

The third idea is sidecar, but I cant drive a solo sidecar wheel, as I would only be going in circles. Although this would be quite fun, I cant see myself doing it endlessly for hours and not go anywhere. Would definitely save beer money though! plus, I would be constantly twisting one way or another with and without power. The only way I can think of would be a 2 wheel sidecar driving the inside sidecar wheel for equilibrium, or 2WD for similar equilibrium with a little more traction and weight. 3 out of 4 total wheels powered. :D the thing I like the most is the 2WD sidecar should be easily detachable and slung in the back for a trailer pusher if need be. I just dont know how easy an inside sidecar wheel will be to space with pedals. Maybe pushed back a foot or so next to bike? we'll see.

Hey!!!

Sitting at work at 10:56am after too much coffee, I just had one of those- GENIUS! moments. What if someone were to strap a weedeater on their back via a 4 point harness, and put a 20" bmx bike on the bottom instead of trimmer string

wait for it...

wait for it...

and proceeds to strap some inline skates on their feet!!!!:D:D:D

Back