Grind Dust Cap VS. Widening Sprocket (Coaster Brake)

Rebel00

Local time
4:35 PM
I want to know what is the best way (grind dust cap or widen the sprocket)? Not really looking for just an opinion, but the smartest and safest way. I'm about to be installing some HD SS wheels when they get here (SHOULD be here tomorrow). I'm sure that we all know how it is waiting for your parts to be shipped, haha. I will be riding my MB almost on a daily basis to work, so I'm trying to make it as dependable as possible. I do understand that you can only expect so much out of one of these MB's, so feel free to include any tips or information on preventive maintenance as well.
Thanks!

Rebel Rider 00

I always hog out the sprocket, but when someone comes in that has thrown away the cap. I have a tool that cuts one out of a plastic milk jug cap that will fit thru the sprocket.

I always hog out the sprocket, but when someone comes in that has thrown away the cap. I have a tool that cuts one out of a plastic milk jug cap that will fit thru the sprocket.

A milk jug cap wouldn't melt?

Well, I'm going to grind the dust cap down since I don't have a way to widen the sprocket.

Back