grips w/ most kits too hard / not comfy.

bully

Local time
4:25 AM
anybody know of alternatives?

my grips are the standard ones, that look like the come with most kits. i was used to my ritchie tru-grips - SO comfy.

these have my hands fatigued in a very sort time.

has anyone tried different ones?

i assume you can't use regular bike grips, as isn't the throttle one a little bit bigger inside diameter?

thanks in advance for any info...

for a bully, you sure have soft hands. :p
Just Kidding!!

I wear bicycling gloves. they have padded palms... so it takes the issue of hard grips away. (I have soft hands too!!! hahaha)
Nobody likes to think about it.... but if you have a spill...the gloves help protect your hands, too.

bully is definetly an old internet joke that stuck from a forum in a distant land far,far away.

in addition to that, i prefer comfort.

with it cold, i have been wearing gloves...this is just pre-emtive, for summer...

Changing grips

Hi bully, I have done this. I first with razor knife sliced off the old grip. Now your observation of the grip being stuck on good, and the throttle being a little larger diameter is correct, however, if you choose a grip that is a bt "strechy" you can lube the grip, and force it onto the nylon inner portion of the throttle.

Now you can use either Windex equivelent, saliva, or whatever trips your trigger. Need to be a water based lube for the most part, tho I have heard of using Hair Spray, and KY Jelly, amoung others.

It can, and has been done, tho I have never tried to save the orig grip.

Mike

I've considered getting a set of foam bicycle grips.

Left side would go on just like normal.

And I was thinking for the throttle; slit the grip lengthwise, slip over existing throttle grip and contact cement in place.

I suspect it might not hold forever. But I might give it a try one day.

The standard grips are pretty hard on the hands and wrists.

been thinking about getting some cloth handle bar tape (as used on racing bars)
wrap it over my mountain bike rubber grips

is it just me
or is this a lacking (MB parts) area that distributors haven't jumped all the way into

as we ride those THINGS

I use foam grips on both sides on all my rides and love them! They are very durable and help dampen the buzz on rides. They used to be a buck 99 on ebay but now are 4-5 bucks a pair :-(

Grips

Hi all, I've used black rubber, white rubber, and the foam of the type supplied with some Beach Cruisers, and yes, altho it lacks style the simple foam is by far the most comfortable, especially if your machine buzzes like a beehive.

mike

Back