Grubbee Skyhawk GT-2B 49cc 2 stroke clutch pad replacement

gearhead437

Local time
7:58 AM
Dear Fellow members-Is there a consensus on replacing the stock clutch pads with the higher quality high temp orange pads? Mine are over 10 years old and the clutch is sticky during initial engagement. I am planning on just removing just the star adjustment nut and outer pressure plate and spring to replace the stock pads. Would also like to replace the magneto and clutch cover gaskets, but am unsure if the 66/80cc gaskets will work. Thank you for any feedback-Gearhead

All gaskets for the bottom end are the same, only the head gasket and cylinder base gasket are larger on the 66/69cc. There are a couple of different intake gaskets too.

Dear Fellow members-Is there a consensus on replacing the stock clutch pads with the higher quality high temp orange pads? Mine are over 10 years old and the clutch is sticky during initial engagement. I am planning on just removing just the star adjustment nut and outer pressure plate and spring to replace the stock pads. Would also like to replace the magneto and clutch cover gaskets, but am unsure if the 66/80cc gaskets will work. Thank you for any feedback-Gearhead
they should be the same as the 66cc ones, the only difference between those engines and the 66cc/80 ones are the head gasket.

id keep the stock pads if thy aren't too worn out, and by ¨sticky during initial engagement¨ do you mean when you first start up the bike? that happens when the ball bearings arnt greased up properly, there's an exploded view here, you want to grease them enough that they dont stick, but not too much or itll get into the clutch.

hope this helps!

Thanx again for some great information. The clutch is now sticking a little when I first apply it. I guess that a good spray grease might do the trick. Any suggestions?-Gearhead

Back