Grubee 4g-1b 5:1

DieselTech

Local time
6:48 PM
Is anybody running the grubee 4g-1b 5:1 primary transmission, & what gearing for top speeds, I'm running 5:1 primary with a 9tooth drive to a 36tooth driven for a top speed of 32mph. This sound bout right? Also is anyone running 5:1 primary with grubee 10g shift kit? If so is it worth the money.

Looks like the 10G shift kit has a low grade freewheel in it. For the money you're paying it should be using a much better freewheel.

My next adventure on my bike is a shift kit, trying to figure out best route with setup I got, huasheng 142f & 5:1 Grubee trans. Which kit to buy & upgraded parts needed for reliable setup.

My next adventure on my bike is a shift kit, trying to figure out best route with setup I got, huasheng 142f & 5:1 Grubee trans. Which kit to buy & upgraded parts needed for reliable set
Contact @CrazyDan He knows all the tricks to setting up a shift kit on a 4 stroke HS 142f

KC made several 3 speed IGH hubs and Nuvinci hub builds. The reason I said 5 speed IGH is because it'll give you a wider reduction range. A wide range is helpful if you're a large person and/or have really steep hills to contend with.

Still as for IGH's I wouldn't go over a 5 speed. The reason is because the 8 speed and up have a lot of small parts which can fail if very high torques were applied to them.

Are enviolo hubs essentially nuvinci hubs? Enviolo got a hub for a cargo bike, they say can b shifted under power & I think at a stand still.

I been running a 144f tapered shaft with the staton inc upgraded clutch, 4g tc and ungoverned timing for a few years (timing is used to keep rpms under 7000).
I been running a 3 speed nexus IGH for almost as long as my shift kit, have 2 spare hubs but still on my first.
I haven't seen anyone twisting the SBP jackshaft plate other than myself. I've bent 2 now from torque I guess. I am going to install a thicker jackshaft plate with the same dimensions as the SBP one except made with 3/8th welded steel instead of 1/4 bent steel. Waiting to heal before I finish, would be too tempted to ride and do more tissue damage...

Back