Grubee 4g-1b 5:1

You will want to learn how gear ratios work. I wouldn't go over 32:1 at the rear wheel on a 26" with a huasheng 142 or 144f, will wheelie on slow turns if you give any throttle, scary to go strait on a U turn. You also don't want a top gear at an unusable ratio that can't stop slipping the clutch. Learn how ratios work and figure out how you want to ride.
Here is my old jackshaft plate next to my new one:

Attachments

• webcam-toy-photo5.jpg
    webcam-toy-photo5.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 136
Yeah mine is 20:1 overall ratio right now, too low geared only can hit 32mph on flats. I'm thinking jackshaft set up & 3 speed IGH, maybe a 5 speed.

Yeah mine is 20:1 overall ratio right now, too low geared only can hit 32mph on flats. I'm thinking jackshaft set up & 3 speed IGH, maybe a 5 speed.
I was able to do 35 mph on the flats with exactly 20:1 gearing to the rear wheel. I think you are still governed.

Yeah I am, I seen your post long time ago about governor delete, I rather do shift kit 1st then governor delete next.

Yeah I am, I seen your post long time ago about governor delete, I rather do shift kit 1st then governor delete next.
Shift kit lets you stay in your power band. I advise a clutch upgrade first. I saw a huge spike at takeoff speeds with your gear ratio single speed with just the staton inc clutch and a 410 bicycle chain.

Back