Grubee engine; made for speed (NOT!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 12676
  • Start date
I mean the bottom edge of the intake needs to be lowered a tad. Details are on my site.

my grubee is awesome its a 66cc been up to 40kmh and i drive the craap out of it and woulnt want anyything better. its a bicycle not a motorcycle so stop complaing and enjoy it

The stinger I bought is just getting broken in, but even stock on a level surface I have to decelerate at the throttle because it will exceede rpm's it should turn to run to last. Living in Pa. it will climb 8 and 10 % grades with some minor assisted peddaling and I'm at around 185 lbs. A little more lower end torque might be nice but this could be accomplished by raising rear sprocket size I'm sure. Since I want this thing to run when expected right now I think I'll skip the speed/power mods. But I could definately see in the near future building a Bonzai bike just to see whats possible. May be pickin your brain then Jag.

But my focus hasn't been on making a kamikazi bike. The intake and exhaust extensions were for more low end power. The piston ramps were for more mid range. Increasing compression is for more power all around. Reed valves give more low end power boosting on these engines although with the right tweaking you can also get more top end. My engines, except for my latest project, have only been ported for a limited increase in rpm. I also invented the extended baffle expansion chamber for a low end boost. My vibration cure affects mostly mid range. Until recently I was living way up in the mountains and there were many inclined streets. I developed what was necessary for these engines to be better hill climbers, not road racers. What worked for me I shared on my web site.

i hear alot of complaining from ppl expecting these engines to keep up with harleys or porches FFS its a tiny engine built to make our biking fun without the peddling it aint a souped up engine its a frickin 49 and 80cc engine just STFU and enjoy it and stop the crying my grubee is 80cc and i aint looking to break no land record just a new toy now dry ur eyes and buy a motorcycle if it aint fast enough for you!

ok, i admit, ive slagged em off a lot too.

but i use one still. or did. its leant forlornly against the shed, on top of several frames, crying to itself...

i feel sorry for it sometimes :(

but... for the price they are, theyre excellent. a few tweaks makes them enjoyable, and anything more makes them...touchy. but whatever.

now i dont rely on them, im all for the kamikaze death rocket! i got 84 once downhill! that was with minor tweaks! so what will major mods do? :eek:

but, as always...life interferes with the best laid of plans. so.

grump. here i go, talk talk talk... i should be in my shop, but its cold and has no heating.

im really good at making...excuses!

deathpoof, you obviously have not rode a 48cc. The poor thing is begging for help on its knees it is so weak. I can't see anyone content with it other than an 89 year old grandma. From what I've read the 66cc is not too badl.

yea the 49cc is built for kids and elders i think lol but the 66cc is great sometimes its 2 fast i dont even do full throttle mostly 60% throttle and im cruisin pretty good.

Back