grubee kit installed below seat :D

sigh...
4 times now i've had to friken install 9 bolts on this bloody sprocket
so tedious
the chain keeps popping off, i think my tensioner is at fault
upto 3 full links removed from original chain on this incarnation of my bike
i shoulda ordered more plain white on black stickers, not sticking the best to this bike lol
$20 on craigs list, missing seat
stole the seat off a old kids bike of mine(the 1 in the magna equator the engine formerly was on was too fat)

....scary...

i didnt add any tags to my upload, its only labeled "dscnwhatevernumber.jpg"
and this was listed as a "related image"
btw, if i didnt mention it, i want 1!!!

Last edited:
hehe
since my clutch cable broke i had to get a kit at walmart ($5, includes enough for all brakes and gears) i had a few extra cables
turns out the bike i just bought, the cables were so corroded that it couldnt change gears at all, replaced them with the spare cables from the kit and its working nice, i think i need to adjust my carb though as its taking longer than average to actually produce power(instead of chugging along when cold and not able to self run yet and not provide any power to the wheels) although the ambrient temperature could also be effecting this, oh well, my new bike is fun, although i prefered riding the old "unsafe" green bike
which was a little lower to the ground, its good once your going but its a pain for stop and go, especially on a cold engine
blew up a few leds
wired as... first being a regular diode, then 2 leds in series with it, both were originally operated on 4.5v so maybe 9 or 10 volts would be good to drive them with
(->|)->|->|
next attempt will be after i measure the peak to peak voltage
and i'll add a capacitor and resistor(not that this will do any good if i dont know the right value to add, wheres my dmm...)

i also have a stepper motor from a printer that can produce ACTUAL current(its rated at 5 volts at like an amp to DRIVE it) i've pulled 40+ watts off of it before no problem at roughly 20 volts, perfect for a 12v system
just gotta figure out a good way to mount it, was thinking about adding a small spocket to it and driving from the chain directly but that wouldnt leave power when not in motion(unless battery is added) not that without directly adding it to the engine i'd be able to do this anyway
i dont wanna cheap out and use purely battery power, even if this robs it from the engine

heh actually with how fast the diodes smoked without killing the engine, it probably has power to spare
although i dont wanna release details just yet, i have a cheap led flashlight that'd be a perfect canidate for standard repeatable mod for nearly all HT engines, its water resistant and looks like a professional bike light to boot

my chain broke and took the engine with it, ripped it half off my bike when the chain snapped
had to put a crapload of epoxy to hold the rear mount on, the front mount got slightly screwed up(it lost 1/4 inch of metal on the threads) but its usable
just rode 5 miles today without a chain(lulz) on my bike to grainger to pick up some number 41 roller chain http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/TSUBAKI-Single-Strand-Roller-Chain-2W094?Pid=search and some master links(10 feet of chain and 5 extra master links is $40! twice what i paid for the bike itself) but now my bike is back on the road and **** does it feel good, i'll get new pics soon

Back