Grubee rack mount

i'd like to rename this an MBc-Member Review and move it to the "parts" area if we can beef up the content...any chance you have some pics?

4 Stroke (49cc) Engine Kits Question

As some of might know I am into vintage motor bikes and build some of my own from scratch using any and all engines available. I mainly collect and mess with
the purpose built motor bikes from the 1930's to the 1950's fad that happened.
I sold my 2006 Whizzer Rider and my 1950's Cyclemaster Rider recently and since spring is right around the corner I want to build up a couple more bikes for friends and family that come over to visit.

My question is what 4 Stoke kits are the best at the moment and working?
I'm sure if I read through all the posts I might get a idea but this is quicker.

All input appreciated. I'm not interested in the politics just what is working!

Thanks Roy
50sville

Good question. I have not run the gebe kits but have used Robin subaru engines and their quality is very good. I run the Grubee kit w/49cc engine. The reliability of the
huang shea engine has been good I have over 1,000 miles on it. Murphy's law kicked in when I posted no problems. The spring on the clutch broke, nothing big except the spare clutch inside diameter (clutch and housing) was to too small and had to be reamed out as did the key-way. I spoke with Josh at birddog and he said the were being milled at a different machine shop,(Chinese quality control). Josh did offer to replace if I couldn't make it work. The clutch housing was worn quite a bit around the bushing. Over all they are pretty good units though I would like to get more than a thousand or so miles before replacing parts. I will be taking some pics for the visually needy. Yuk, Yuk.

Update on the Grubee. I estimate I have close to 2,500 miles on it. I developed a hole in the diaphragm and rebuilt the carb yesterday, Walbro carb kits work on the updraft carbs (K10-WY). The small gas tank that come with the rack kit has been replaced with a 1 gallon gas can. The larger tank lets me ride all week with out a fill up. This bike has been rode hard wheelies off speed bumps, curbs, I even jumped it at close to 30mph. When looking for parts I don't like to wait for online deliveries. My local sources are motorcycle shops some KTM's did use 415 chains, moped shops, bicycle stores and, lawn mower repair shops. The ease of getting parts and finding someone to repair or service your bicycle is in my opinion a major disavantage for more use of motorized bikes. Opinions?

Attachments

• 100_0422.jpg
    100_0422.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 955
  • 100_01734x6.jpg
    100_01734x6.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 838
Back