Grubee Skyhawk GT5A 66cc Angle Fire Slant Head

matt4x4

Local time
3:19 PM
........so I have been still debating going electric or gas. Going gas, putting the fist down on this one. For $190 delivered to my door I can get a gasser, and not $800 for electric. Just wondering about the power output of this motor, its stated as 2.75HP is this correct? Seems like a lot of horsepower for this little engine. The next question I got is, I am like 300 pounds, got a mountain bike 26" wheel, a little fatter then normal knobby tires on it, 27 speed. Like to cruise the bicycle pathways, and climb some steep hills. What is your expirience with this motor climbing different degrees of slope? I would just love to be able to climb the steepest of hills, is it possible, do I change the gearing, put in a DIY transmission? thinking a 4 speed hub transmission DIY style. I got to get going to my movie, but I just finished a good 5 hrs of researching electric, and at $800 I am done with it, threw all the papers out, going gas now. I dont care how loud the gassers are, I will find a way to silence them if it takes some wacky ideas, I will try it. Anyway hope you all had a great 4th or 1st eh!!!!!

a twostroke 30cc is known to spit out 10 hp. not that its very reliable, or makes any useful torque at anything but 16000 rpm... a HT/grubee... ha ha. imho, avoid the 66.

electric, quiet, discrete, will drag up any hill set up correctly, clean. when its flat, thats it, start pedalling. initial expense, high. can always boost with better controller/batts later on.

gas...noisy, smelly, fun, aggravates everyone else, can be filled up anywhere, will always have some type of issue if you go cheap cheap... initial cost is low but the bills for seeing the shrink later on down the track arent!

Back