GT Black Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right quality is bult in,so in order for and engine to pass criteria and be certified it would be quality? At this point thats all we have to go on,cuzz how do believe someone just telling you that its the best there,a-lot of that around here and most of is bs imho

Now maybe the guy in Kansas wants all that for envriroment reasons of his own,ya know go green save the planet go hemp all that:D

Beach, I work in the auto industry. and beleve me. C.A.R.B. complyant has nothing to do with quality. It has to do with how clean your exast , and all vehicular emisions are. there are some VERY effecent cars in japan that wont meet C.A.R.B. becase their fuel tanks are not presurized.There are cars frome a former soiet block country that are C.A.R.B. compliant, that arnt werthe metal they are made of.:rolleyes:

we can banter endlessly on the subject, but the truth is what is or isnt epa approved or compliant will continued to be scrutinized by all govt. officials as a platform for the ecology minded vote! of which i lean towards! just my 2 cents!

As Rhett Butler said, "Frankly, Scarlett, I don't give a d**n!"

That said, many will look at my sig and think I'm being hypocritical. I assure you, I am not. The fact of the matter is, EPA compliance issues are the law of the land, and compliance thereto represents a capital cost for the manufacturer which MUST be recovered from the end purchaser - us. In order for manufacturers who meet those standards and invest in jumping through those hoops to be successful, they need to be competitive in the marketplace. If thier competitors face the same business costs and constraints, thay can be. If thier competitors do NOT expend the capital, but instead rely on sales through black-market and grey-market means, that represents an unfair business advantage to the illegal actors. Taken far enough, it will make continuing compliance and investment in improving thier product prohibitively expensive for responsible firms.

If it were up to me, I'd say to heck with compliance issues, and let the small engine market sort itself out through market forces. It is not up to me - or to any of you. In the interests of fairness, the playing field should be level. If it isn't (and it REALLY IS NOT), then I'll do my best to help level it. I want quality engines and components, and if quality-conscious firms cannot compete, there won't be any.

As Rhett Butler said, "Frankly, Scarlett, I don't give a d**n!"

That said, many will look at my sig and think I'm being hypocritical.

Dear sir you are a hypocrite!

Aren't you the one that found drugs& money?

It is funny how you pick laws to support & laws not to support!

Rot when youare right you are right. What every one seems tio forget is that the EOA is a government agency., and therefor subject to the whims and fancies of POLITITIONS.( the devel).
Many very good things have been runied by POLITIONS((the devel). The "national" speed limit for one. For those poor soles that live in politics state(California) my heart bleeds for you.
The epa may say they are there to protect the environment, but show me one real thing they have done that was not brought on by some special intrerest group.
I porsonaly think we need to trim the federal budget by eleminatiog that department.

Remeber not too long ago when we all loved the Happy Times? Someone on this board actually came up with the name Happy Times. We all sat around drinking beer and talking all night about our Happy Times Bikes and our next build or the cool improvement or mod we made. No one worried about the epa, but some were concerned with hassles from the law. Remember when you rode your Happy Times and your cheeks were sore from smiling so much?
As long as we are riding motored bikes that run on fossil fuels or batteries so toxic that Godzilla wold be the nicest thing to come out of a landfill, we are still polluting. If we're really so concerned, then lets put our bikes back the way they were and use the stinking pedals.
Or is all this just fun for some to jump on Duane every time he starts a thread. I see the pattern. What ever happed to Happy Times and "Live and let live".
All the Happy Times engines out there running around can't compete with the pollution, noise and exhaust, of the 1972 Ford F-250 down the street with 36 inch wheels and the booming stero and glass packs. I don't see the EPA police kicking that guy's door down.

Well, the Bible says getting in an argument not your own, is like grabbing a wild dog by the ears. I consider Duane a friend and good guy, so either quit putting motors on bikes or let it go. I guess I just grabbed the dog's tail, you might call the ASPCA on your way to the EPA office.

Remeber not too long ago when we all loved the Happy Times? Someone on this board actually came up with the name Happy Times. We all sat around drinking beer and talking all night about our Happy Times Bikes and our next build or the cool improvement or mod we made. No one worried about the epa, but some were concerned with hassles from the law. Remember when you rode your Happy Times and your cheeks were sore from smiling so much?
As long as we are riding motored bikes that run on fossil fuels or batteries so toxic that Godzilla wold be the nicest thing to come out of a landfill, we are still polluting. If we're really so concerned, then lets put our bikes back the way they were and use the stinking pedals.
Or is all this just fun for some to jump on Duane every time he starts a thread. I see the pattern. What ever happed to Happy Times and "Live and let live".
All the Happy Times engines out there running around can't compete with the pollution, noise and exhaust, of the 1972 Ford F-250 down the street with 36 inch wheels and the booming stero and glass packs. I don't see the EPA police kicking that guy's door down.

Well, the Bible says getting in an argument not your own, is like grabbing a wild dog by the ears. I consider Duane a friend and good guy, so either quit putting motors on bikes or let it go. I guess I just grabbed the dog's tail, you might call the ASPCA on your way to the EPA office.

AMEN BROTHER, A famos man once said cannt we all get along. We are all aadults here, at least phisicaly. We all need to act like it.

as long as duane & the rest of the good guys keep pushing the chinese agenda , dont expect for you or anybody else to keep there jobs in america long. demand quality america! i think some of us still remember what that was! its all for the quick dollar, & i understand the attraction in that for the seller, but for the buyer who must keep buying more kits to keep on the road is ludicrous! tell me where is the economics in this? chinese sellers focus on the hype & speed for the new buyer, & duane for one touts religious ethics as his stance for what he does, shameful!!!! for what he does to americans! ask all the americans out of work what they think!! just my opionion i could be wrong!!

Wavy I admit I live in a strange town. But iI have seen the Quality of aplacants we have had. and I can tell you There is not so much a lack of work as a lack of quilfied, or willing workers. We cannot find people willing to work for what we can pay. Granted I live in a college town, we have sort of an econimic bubble here. my sister owns her own bussness, she has the same trouble. she has even havd a person that was quilfied that she could not hire, he had no ss# no green card, or visa. the sad thing was he was the most quilfied person who applied for the position.
I think america has gotten her self into this rut, and the first thing we need to do to get us out is to get off our high hourse, and take those "blue coller" jobs. Get some of the frooloaders off "welfare" and to work. and educate our kids not test them to death. Sorry about the speach but wavy you hit a nerve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back