GT LTS 4000

Well since someone wanted my Kokomo more than I did I am now building a 1998 GT LTS 4000 full suspension mountain bike I put high-rise handlebars on it I also put a comfortable seat on it I had to change the rear wheel so I could mount an adapter and a sprocket on the wheel original wheel would not work

If it works for you then I won't argue with experience! :)

I wouldn't have thought of putting the spring tensioner on the top run of chain.
I would love to see some more photos!
I'd like to know how low you got the engine. Is there any noise from the chain when the suspension is compressed? Also does the suspension compress (squat) under power?

Call me a skeptic and I hope I'm wrong, but I think things are going to get ugly on the first really big bump.

Call me a skeptic and I hope I'm wrong, but I think things are going to get ugly on the first really big bump.
I was so skeptical when I first did it I didn't even loctite my bolts yet in case something did go wrong but since then I have put about 30 miles on it on some rough roads and it works good then I had a friend of mine that weighs 70 pounds more than I do and had him write a few miles nothing went wrong I am going to reinforce the spring a little better

I was so skeptical when I first did it I didn't even loctite my bolts yet in case something did go wrong but since then I have put about 30 miles on it on some rough roads and it works good then I had a friend of mine that weighs 70 pounds more than I do and had him write a few miles nothing went wrong I am going to reinforce the spring a little better
Glad it's working. Cool bike.

It's people like you , crazy Dan and spare parts that inspires me and a lot of people, I personally would like to say thank you

If it works for you then I won't argue with experience! :)

I wouldn't have thought of putting the spring tensioner on the top run of chain.
I would love to see some more photos!
I'd like to know how low you got the engine. Is there any noise from the chain when the suspension is compressed? Also does the suspension compress (squat) under power? It does squat a little under power, I think I will have to get a smaller spring, at full throttle the chain will get a little slack in it, and it will jerk once or twice. So I'm going to try a shorter spring. One of the pictures has an L bracket to hook the spring to

Attachments

• IMG_20190725_174108.jpg
    IMG_20190725_174108.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_20190725_174054.jpg
    IMG_20190725_174054.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_20190725_174042.jpg
    IMG_20190725_174042.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_20190725_174139.jpg
    IMG_20190725_174139.jpg