GT2A Bottom bracket fender mount

Rusty_S85

Local time
6:23 AM
Anyone have any idea what thread the eyelet on the bottom bracket is for the fender?

I tried some small bolts I have but none wants to start and I am thinking it might be metric threads. Or maybe even possibly machine thread which I don't have.

i think it machine thread,, like 8mm x 24 or #6 x 24... you could always just drill and tap a size up...make stronger and know what size,,, believe it or not GASBIKE.net has a really nice tap and die set for bikes for only $24 bucks..under tools on website..... or just WALMART,,HOME DEPOT,, HARBOR FREIGHT it.... its a good tool set to have anyway

i think it machine thread,, like 8mm x 24 or #6 x 24... you could always just drill and tap a size up...make stronger and know what size,,, believe it or not GASBIKE.net has a really nice tap and die set for bikes for only $24 bucks..under tools on website..... or just WALMART,,HOME DEPOT,, HARBOR FREIGHT it.... its a good tool set to have anyway

I always do this trick,, drill a hair up in size to remove old threads then take the Bolt you wanna use and at an angle and a hair off center,,, with a dremel cutting wheel or thin hacksaw blade, cut a 1/4 inch slot in end of bolt threads and taper end too...it makes it look and work like a self tapping screw....or better off just by some 5/16th self tappers,,,, Walmart sells a bag of 20 for $1.79

I tried a 1/4" coarse its about that size but wouldnt even attempt to grab i found a 6x1.0 metric bolt im going to try that if not ill take my 1/4 tap home and rethread it.

Im at work now and looked at a #6 machine screw its way too small. This is almost 1/4 in but i think its metric like the fuel fitting was metric.

I tried a 1/4" coarse its about that size but wouldnt even attempt to grab i found a 6x1.0 metric bolt im going to try that if not ill take my 1/4 tap home and rethread it.

Im at work now and looked at a #6 machine screw its way too small. This is almost 1/4 in but i think its metric like the fuel fitting was metric.
If your talking about the tab that is on the kick stand bracket for the fender it's a 6X1.0. Same as the exhaust and intake studs.

If your talking about the tab that is on the kick stand bracket for the fender it's a 6X1.0. Same as the exhaust and intake studs.
Thats the one. I tried a 6mm x 1.0 and it still wouldnt start looking closer looks to be fine thread maybe even a #6 machine screw which looked way too small at work.

Going to grab some machine screws from work tomorrow. Id rather find the right size vs retapping it if possible.

Anyone have any idea what thread the eyelet on the bottom bracket is for the fender?

I tried some small bolts I have but none wants to start and I am thinking it might be metric threads. Or maybe even possibly machine thread which I don't have.
Of course it is metric as it is made in China.
My Chinese tank frames are 5 mm

Of course it is metric as it is made in China.
My Chinese tank frames are 5 mm

I figured, I did how ever retap the tank to a 1/8 npt since the threads were already messed up out of the box. Going to have to see what I can find I think we have some #6 machine screws at work not sure what thread pitch but would have to see what I can grab from work find the size and then order the proper length as I think all we have at work has the shank that wouldn't work.

Just sucks cause I made the bracket for my fender and want to put the bends in it to get the fender positioned properly so I can paint it. But no biggie. Still have to take my seat post to work and grind down the weld on the gusset to see if I can get it to fit in the groove of my seat post.

Found the size its a #8 machinescrew.

Need to buy some short ones as the one I had at work is too long for my taste.

Back