Received the rear belt adjuster today .. it's a beefy 1/4" thick and steel, and it has a snowball's chance in Hell of flexing. I'm not 100% sold on it's overall length as compared to my need, so i'm going to some thinking on it for now.. i might have a shortening solution to customize to own needs/mount method.
The PW80 silencer was AWOL on this delivery..
I cracked open the 5" headlight last night.. for the money paid, yes, i can confirm that it is cheap Chinese crap.. it would have no business being on a motorcycle of mine.. a motorized bicycle, ok.. but it needs a significant rework. First step was to disassemble, untwist, unbend, and file down all the sharp edges and corners that it had.. it was a serious safety risk to disassemble in the first place. Gutted, it had a 12v 35w/35w bulb inside, and a 12v5w parking lamp.. all very useless to my needs. I do have a backup plan.
I've got a modern Cree 6 bulb bicycle headlight in a compact housing, run off 8.4v lithium ion battery pack, that i'm going to transplant into there, epoxied into the middle of the reflector as the base. I'm breaking out the power switch on the PCB, inside of the compact headlight, so that the headlight shell can be entirely sealed up. My eMTB already has one of these bicycle headlights, so i know what to expect with them.
First, mock-up installed the belt drive tensioning bracket. I need to fine-tune rear sprocket alignment. It seems to want to consistently wander off the front pulley by 1/8"-3/16" now, so that tells me that i need to rearrange the shim stack on the rear axle a bit. It's in the right direction to do so, so easy fix.
Edit: After spending Saturday afternoon tinkering, wander issue is tracked down to belt tensioner itself. Universal fit strikes again. Just bolt on and go, results in an idler/tensioner Pulley that is off axis, and pulling the belt away from the engine cog.. A few flat washers were provided for this purpose to align to rear frame (i assume) but Meh.. I'm taking my time with this, so i will get that alignment spot-on with time, and some properly done bracket shimming and/or proper off-axis axle-shoeing.. I got lots of buckets of bolts, scrap metal to whittle away at, and time, at this time.
Proof of concept of bicycle LED headlight, transplanted into motorcycle headlight shell, using headlight reflection ring as retaining bracket (epoxied in). Power switch has been broken out of the LED headlight, such that it can be controlled outside of headlight shell...
Also, with a momentary contact switch being necessary, i found a momentary 'Stop' switch from Sick Bike Parts for the handlebar in my spare parts collection.. so there is the solution to that.. a switch transplant from 2 contacts to 4.. and i'm good as Gold.
Also worked on a few spacers for the belt drive pulley bracket. The pulley bracket must be mounted such that the pulley axle is perpendicular to the belt. Don't look like much, but 2x 1/4" and 1x 1/8" spacers takes some time on TV-time, working with basic hand tools..
Also - PW80 Silencer showed up - this is the Droid i am NOT looking for. Far too small connecting pipe. I have an alternate on order, already.