GT90 Carburetor Help

M

Member 28982

Yeah... I'm going to install it next weekend. Ordered a 36 tooth rear sprocket. A banana style expansion chamber and a 3 prong high performance spark plug.
Here a few pics. Removing 49cc and installing this beast 66cc...

Attachments

inspectorcritic

I had a GT90 wasn't as tuff as advertise I learn never buy a racing motor. It's ported it's gonna blow a jug looks like thumb imprint maybe to prevent that is to drop your stock exhaust get one with more expansion.
The carb I like except you need a reed it blows back into the air filter clogs it power speed drops off rapidly your to wash it in clean gas every time you mix a 2 stroke gallon. So I just said f*** it took the reed off took the filter off runs just fine.
Next thing happen the motor just putter right out went over every day for a month junk the motor bought a stock made me happy again.
What I use for the drain tube small vacuumed line I think 3/16" the carb I like because you don't half to choke every time you get on it until the temperature is in the teens and if walk it flood it for 60 seconds 1 or 2 minutes before start it you can still bypass the choke.

Frogslayer

I had a GT90 wasn't as tuff as advertise I learn never buy a racing motor. It's ported it's gonna blow a jug looks like thumb imprint maybe to prevent that is to drop your stock exhaust get one with more expansion.
The carb I like except you need a reed it blows back into the air filter clogs it power speed drops off rapidly your to wash it in clean gas every time you mix a 2 stroke gallon. So I just said f*** it took the reed off took the filter off runs just fine.
Next thing happen the motor just putter right out went over every day for a month junk the motor bought a stock made me happy again.
What I use for the drain tube small vacuumed line I think 3/16" the carb I like because you don't half to choke every time you get on it until the temperature is in the teens and if walk it flood it for 60 seconds 1 or 2 minutes before start it you can still bypass the choke.
Your describing a rich condition, you know that right. Run smoother and last longer with better milage and more power if you just jet it right. Just saying...

Frogslayer

You should have to use the choke cold (our biosphere temp) for at least a couple pops if it's jetted close to optimal for run temps. The difference between 45 degrees and 80 degrees is nothing compared to 85 degrees to 700 degrees

CrazyDan

Just check what ever tree you hid your .66 jet in and I got a feeling you be great.
Warn people before you try to give them a heart attack, I nearly died laughing. For those that don't get it, inspector hides spare parts in trees and bushes around town.