Gt90 case reed carb

CT Rider

Local time
10:43 PM
I just bought a gt90 case reed engine only. What is the best carb to use for power and speed?

Several people have told me 26 oko or mikuni vm26 are overkill but others like you suggest them. How do you feel about a mikuni tm24 flat slide? I am getting conflicting suggestions and hope to avoid buying several carbs until I find 1 I like

Several people have told me 26 oko or mikuni vm26 are overkill but others like you suggest them. How do you feel about a mikuni tm24 flat slide? I am getting conflicting suggestions and hope to avoid buying several carbs until I find 1 I like
It really depends on what you use for an intake and your exhaust port area.if your exhaust port has a dia of 23mm and it has a short intake run then 21mm is properly suited,but if the intake track is extended than you can go up in carb size to the 24.A 26mm carb is used on very long intake tracks and larger port area's at the limit of stud spacing to attach the header around 28mm and therefore require the bigger carb.

I went with the 26 because most of what I found people using was 24-28mm. My intake is shorter than stock with about a half inch between the carb and the steel adapter on the reed block. I would still consider it a long intake however.

Back