Guess it's time to change my front disk brake rotor.

Keep in mind that I did go through 2 sets of brake pads in the front during that 1700 miles though...This was the first go around for the front disk.

Rear pads were replaced once in those 1700 miles.
That's still good. Typical life of bike disc brakes up front is usually around 500-1k miles.

Rover Fat Tire E Bike
My rotors have 2,500 miles on em and still measure over 1.70mm minimum is 1.5mm
I've changed the front pads once and the rear is still good, Yes I use the rear brakes too

I go down some pretty knarley off road hills alot where I gotta ride the brakes too
DSCF6153.JPG

DSCF0043.JPG

DSCF4733.JPG

DSCF4816.JPG

Rover Fat Tire E Bike
My rotors have 2,500 miles on em and still measure over 1.70mm minimum is 1.5mm
I've changed the front pads once and the rear is still good, Yes I use the rear brakes too

I go down some pretty knarley off road hills alot where I gotta ride the brakes too
As with anything, there are a lot of variables at work. The quality of the steel used on the rotors to the type if pads being deployed, and individual braking habits.

Using resin/organic pads on a high quality rotor will definitely contribute to longer rotor life vs. metallic and semi-metallic pads on a cheaper rotor.

My personal preference has so far paid off, even with the cheaper rotors I am using. Larger diameter rotors with organic pads. Braking power without the aggressive pad material. I have about 500 miles on my bike and maybe 3/4 of the pad life left.

2 stroke bikes also don't do much engine braking and put more reliance on the actual brakes. Your ebike, I assume at least, has some form of regen braking or at the very least has decent motor drag when off the throttle to help slow it down? That can also contribute.

As with anything, there are a lot of variables at work. The quality of the steel used on the rotors to the type if pads being deployed, and individual braking habits.

Using resin/organic pads on a high quality rotor will definitely contribute to longer rotor life vs. metallic and semi-metallic pads on a cheaper rotor.

Yeah I figure the TeckTro semi sintered pads and the rotors are made good

Keep in mind that I did go through 2 sets of brake pads in the front during that 1700 miles though...This was the first go around for the front disk.

Rear pads were replaced once in those 1700 miles.
Yeah, I'm sure M/B speeds wear disc brakes alot more than my Rover E Bike speeds

Back