Guess This Bike!!

Got this bike off ebay, hasn't arrived yet but what do you guys think?? Titled as a 60's Worksman but is missing front badge. Can anyone tell from sprocket design?? Seller did claim it was heavy duty built. Either way it's getting a motor. May have 24" wheels not sure. Engine companies say not to put an engine on anything smaller that a 26" is that not ok?? Seen motorized 20" Sting Ray's too though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200827-183022_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200827-183022_eBay.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 1,285
  • Screenshot_20200827-183006_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200827-183006_eBay.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 357
  • Screenshot_20200827-183012_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200827-183012_eBay.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 315
  • Screenshot_20200827-175356_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200827-175356_eBay.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 329
Is it possible? Take a look at this. It’s the Woolco SizzlerView attachment 99981
A Huffy with the classic star pattern Huffy sprocket. The Huffy Sizzler was also called by some the Huffy Stingray
It was called the Woolco Sizzler because it was sold through Woolco Department store. Woolco was part of Woolworths
Woolco put a Woolco front badge sticker on the bike. So it's known as a Woolco
Sears Department store would put a Sears front badge sticker on the AMF So AMF bicycles sold through Sears are known as Sears bicycles
I think @FiftyCali Bicycle is a Sears AMF but I'm still unsure of the exact model. Cause the bike was stripped down.

Last edited:
Does that rear end look like it was welded to you? Sears had a dragster with extended rear that looks similar otherwise. Don’t forget the Monkey Ward bikes too.

Last edited:
It might of been welded if the frame cracked but I don't see any welds.

Although the AMF and the Huffy Boys Bikes might look the same. There are minor differences.
Another way to tell the difference between the AMF and Huffy Boys Bike besides the sprocket, AMF has a longer frame neck
AMF and Huffy forks might look the same but the AMF has a longer fork headset tube.

In the 70s there were alot of crazy cool bicycles, But soon for the boys, the BMX style became king .

Does that rear end look like it was welded to you? Sears had a dragster with extended rear that looks similar otherwise. Don’t forget the Monkey Ward bikes too.
When you said don't forget it brought back memories.
Here is a pic of my Schwinn Stingray when I was a Kid, I put a high rise sissy bar for the banana seat
DSCF2680.JPGDSCF2689.JPG

As cool as the bike was, the first thing I took off was the frame mounted hand shift, I would always rack my balls :LOL:
I mounted a thumb shift on the handle bars. Now ya had to be able to jump your bike to be cool. So I striped down my Stingray and made it into a Schwinn BMX with a messenger seat, double goose neck, motorcross handle bars and Tuff Wheels
Tuff Wheels just came out in 1974.

DSCF2695.JPG

Many many cool bikes never made it, Boys made em into BMX

While I was doing some searching to figure out that bike. I found this... it looks like a great platform begging for a motor. Since they are so collectible Im thinking about making my own as a 24” version.

this is the Yamaha motobike and huffy had a similar monoshock version.

Back