Guess This Bike!!

Got this bike off ebay, hasn't arrived yet but what do you guys think?? Titled as a 60's Worksman but is missing front badge. Can anyone tell from sprocket design?? Seller did claim it was heavy duty built. Either way it's getting a motor. May have 24" wheels not sure. Engine companies say not to put an engine on anything smaller that a 26" is that not ok?? Seen motorized 20" Sting Ray's too though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200827-183022_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200827-183022_eBay.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 1,283
  • Screenshot_20200827-183006_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200827-183006_eBay.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 357
  • Screenshot_20200827-183012_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200827-183012_eBay.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 315
  • Screenshot_20200827-175356_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200827-175356_eBay.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 328
Close but not a match. Notice the frame side rails. Your bike don't have em.
Looks like your bike has a Round Badge sticker. Try scrape off the paint and see what it says
AMF made bikes from 69 - 81 Check the middle of the crank it should have a date code

They say not to motorize anything under 24", as the engine typically will not fit on smaller frames. I had some difficulty when I went to motorize a Kulana 24" , as the engine barely fit in the frame. You can print out a template that can help you determine if your engine will fit in the frame.

Yeah I agree as there are plenty of 20" bmx bikes done and I've even seen a 12" kids bikes fitted with engine!

To that end, I have seen quite a few BMX bikes with the "CAG" style 49cc pocket bike engines fitted on them. They work really well with the smaller frames, and have good power too. The engine itself is cheaper than the CG, however, you end up spending about the same with buying the other stuff. Ebay 49cc Pocket bike engine "CAG"

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Renegade has Schwinn style double toob design that goes to the rear. The old bike you posted has single top tube.

Stingray Fastback

looks a lot like a Schwinn Stingray fastback. Check for serial numbers on the crank or head tube and look up on Schwinn website.

Last edited:
Looks like kinda alot of bikes from the 70s, Looks more like a Huffy than a Schwinn
Since the sprocket is 100% AMF and the forks are an AMF I'm telling you guys the frame is an AMF from 69 - 81.
@FiftyCali should have his bike by now, I hope he checks the date code on the crank and gets back to us.
I'm still wondering the model and year AMF

Notice the frame has a curved bottom tube with a single top tube and the forks are very distinctive to AMF and Huffy
AMF and Huffy made many different model bikes with this style, what set's this bike apart is the fact that it has a AMF sprocket.
The bike still has a sticker badge on the neck that has been painted over. I asked @FiftyCali to scrap the paint off and see what it says.
Huffy did not have a round badge sticker But Sears dose. Sears would put a a Sears front badge sticker on the AMF

Last edited:
You’re right that’s not a Schwinn those front fork dropouts and welds wouldn’t look like than especially back in 60-70s. I’m thinking AMF also.

Definetly looks like vintage 1970s AMF Renegade...They were also called Roadmaster Juniors. or just Junior Roadmasters...My 2 cents worth thrown into the kitty...lol...DAMIEN

I only know that because i bought one for one of my kids...lol.

Back