Guess What I'm Doing.

G0053174.JPG

But aren’t these things only like 5 bucks? Seems like a lot of work for that. Making a punch or buying tools. Those snips are pricey. But I am a newbie so I must be missing something…🤷🏻‍♂️

But aren’t these things only like 5 bucks? Seems like a lot of work for that. Making a punch or buying tools. Those snips are pricey. But I am a newbie so I must be missing something…🤷🏻‍♂️
Your right...And no, you weren't missing anything...lol...For how little they cost, i wouldn't bother making them...Myself and many others just run stock motors and heads so this one below is just fine for us "stockers"...lol...DAMIEN

A whole 7 bucks, at least from Amazon...lol.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Yes you are missing something, I can make one today and have my bike going this morning or I can wait for days for some hoodnik to drop it off.

Yes you are missing something, I can make one today and have my bike going this morning or I can wait for days for some hoodnik to drop it off.
Thats why i had bought mine in advance, along with other spare parts as well...no waiting...lol...DAMIEN

"He who fails to prepare, prepares to fail"

And of course, The Six Ps...lol.

"Proper preparation prevents p*** poor performance"

Your right...And no, you weren't missing anything...lol...For how little they cost, i wouldn't bother making them...Myself and many others just run stock motors and heads so this one below is just fine for us "stockers"...lol...DAMIEN

A whole 7 bucks, at least from Amazon...lol.
Stock doesn't come with bragging right that you made it though. lol

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Look what I made Ma! It's almost as good as the ones those Chinese kids make!
I know, most guys here don't have a machine shop in the basement. I'm not a full machine shop, but I'm working on that. I also have access to all the machines where I work. I can roll my own rod for studs, use the lathe for heads and jugs, etc.

I went to school to be a machinist, love my metal. lol

Well I never thought of that. I just thought about the stuff I would probably need spares of and gaskets kept coming up in these threads. Makes sense if you have the know how and tools and material. Kinda like when I lost the bucking bar and steel ball during assembly a couple weeks ago. Cut a bolt to get me through, God it was ugly, till the spare parts came in but I ordered a multi pack cuz I figured after seeing that bolt after 3 rides, those were gonna wear down pretty regularly. I just am still a newbie at all this and wouldn’t have thought you could make your own gaskets. Hope it turned out for you though. And it beats waiting on parts.

Well I never thought of that. I just thought about the stuff I would probably need spares of and gaskets kept coming up in these threads. Makes sense if you have the know how and tools and material. Kinda like when I lost the bucking bar and steel ball during assembly a couple weeks ago. Cut a bolt to get me through, God it was ugly, till the spare parts came in but I ordered a multi pack cuz I figured after seeing that bolt after 3 rides, those were gonna wear down pretty regularly. I just am still a newbie at all this and wouldn’t have thought you could make your own gaskets. Hope it turned out for you though. And it beats waiting on parts.
Another part that wears down is the actuator rod that presses on the bucking bar. The little flat part gets rounded off and doesn't push the bucking bar. I've welded up a couple of those.

Back