Guy on youtube comment arguing about the "80" cc CG motors

Will'smotobikes19

Local time
10:01 AM
This is what he said: "No, it probably is 80cc, they can't lie about the CCs, that's false advertising and could you could take down a company for that". Now we all know that the regular and most popular chinese bike engines are 66-69cc right? you have the 38mm stroke and 40. I'm pretty sure the new YD100 and BT100 are only 80cc and they did the same thing calling it a 100cc which is practically 20cc larger in displacement. Is it a different measurement or what? Another example is a 40 stroke with 54mm bore is 92cc or the frankenstein motors but the BT100 only uses a 50mm piston right?

the Chinese account for the volume of the cylinder head when determining the size of their engines. The rest of the world does pie times r squared times stroke. The Chinese do alot of things wrong and thats why we have the chinese flu pandemic

The stock heads are 7cc, so for that it is either 73 or 76cc, I can understand their far stretch at calling the 69cc an 80cc, but with the 66cc you can only call it 75cc or 70cc using the head volume.

This is what he said: "No, it probably is 80cc, they can't lie about the CCs, that's false advertising and could you could take down a company for that". Now we all know that the regular and most popular chinese bike engines are 66-69cc right? you have the 38mm stroke and 40. I'm pretty sure the new YD100 and BT100 are only 80cc and they did the same thing calling it a 100cc which is practically 20cc larger in displacement. Is it a different measurement or what? Another example is a 40 stroke with 54mm bore is 92cc or the frankenstein motors but the BT100 only uses a 50mm piston right?
The yd and bt 100 are actually 74.61 cc,and the china manufactures lie all the time we can't do s**t about it!

The stock heads are 7cc, so for that it is either 73 or 76cc, I can understand their far stretch at calling the 69cc an 80cc, but with the 66cc you can only call it 75cc or 70cc using the head volume.
When these first came out the head volume was at 10cc so that added to the 66 cc is 76 and then they rounded it up as most manufactures do to 80 but the reality is none of the 80cc engines are actually 80 cc they are all just under then rounded up the chinese just took it a bit further!

When these first came out the head volume was at 10cc so that added to the 66 cc is 76 and then they rounded it up as most manufactures do to 80 but the reality is none of the 80cc engines are actually 80 cc they are all just under then rounded up the chinese just took it a bit further!
I was just saying how even using the head volume it still isn't an 80cc. Didn't know they used to have a 10cc head in the past, what's that? 6.7/6.9:1 compression. That's beyond terrible.

Back