Guys im stuck and need your help

Hello I am having issues with my motor redlining and over revving only when I pull in the clutch. I have tried everything to fix it. Checked for vacuum leaks around the carborator and intake and put gasket seal everywhere, I tried changing out the carburetor, I messed with the throttle cable it isnt sticking. The bike runs fine when the clutch is out but as soon as I pull the clutch in it starts to redline and if I dont kill the motor it would blow itself up. What am I doing wrong? Its a 80cc 2 stroke motor. I didnt originally have this problem.
Air leak

An easy way to search for vacuum leaks is either a bottle of start spray, or a bottle of carb cleaner spray depending on if your engine is bogging or surging.

Spraying short bursts of starter spray around the suspected leak point will make the engine revs jump as it's pulling the mist in.

Spraying short bursts of carb cleaner spray around the suspected leak point will make the engine choke and shut down as carb cleaner isn't flammable. Make sure you're using CARB cleaner not BRAKE cleaner as the latter DOES burn.

Yeah same here motor is new still breaking it in its a YD100 so the cylinder and head is one peace I've checked the whole motor top to bottom and don't see any oily/gas leakage havent really had the time to mess around with it the past couple days but will be sure to do everything that was suggested in this trend hope to hell I can get it taken care of when motor is up and running its smooth just the revving high when I pull in the clutch is the only issue might have to wait until my next day off the really get the time to play around with it thanks everyone for your expertise and time

Yeah same here motor is new still breaking it in its a YD100 so the cylinder and head is one peace I've checked the whole motor top to bottom and don't see any oily/gas leakage havent really had the time to mess around with it the past couple days but will be sure to do everything that was suggested in this trend hope to hell I can get it taken care of when motor is up and running its smooth just the revving high when I pull in the clutch is the only issue might have to wait until my next day off the really get the time to play around with it thanks everyone for your expertise and time
When you get to mess with it check carburetor intake both ends ,head all the way around it, spark plug hole , seals on both sides of engine. One by one.Snug all bolts to those spots. Cable ends.Throttle slide. Thats sums it up. Good luck be safe.

In skimming over this thread I didn't see anyone mention a leaking crankshaft seal. Not uncommon in 2 strokes.

Back