Guys im stuck and need your help

And take the air filter off and pull on the throttle handle as you look inside the carb. And you can see if the slide is moving up and down properly. When the throttle handle is let go, the slide should go down and almost completely cover the intake. Take some photos of this as wan37 just said if you want.

And take the air filter off and pull on the throttle handle as you look inside the carb. And you can see if the slide is moving up and down properly. When the throttle handle is let go, the slide should go down and almost completely cover the intake. Take some photos of this as wan37 just said if you want.
Photos would tell us things like which carburetor,etc

Funny I came across this trend im having the same issue when pulling in the clutch engine revs super high gonna go out now and try the things that are suggested in this trend and post the out come

Hello I am having issues with my motor redlining and over revving only when I pull in the clutch. I have tried everything to fix it. Checked for vacuum leaks around the carborator and intake and put gasket seal everywhere, I tried changing out the carburetor, I messed with the throttle cable it isnt sticking. The bike runs fine when the clutch is out but as soon as I pull the clutch in it starts to redline and if I dont kill the motor it would blow itself up. What am I doing wrong? Its a 80cc 2 stroke motor. I didnt originally have this problem.
I had the same issue couple days ago bike would crank right up motor would run high soon as I disengaged the clutch to drive it worked fine soon as I stopped the motor would rev really high mine was air leaking from head gasket and too much oil with gas mixture then after 15 minutes my bike would shut off and only run on full choke because of air leak.my engine reved really high like that.. I had to unscrew my idle screw almost all the way out to give it to even out then soon as I go to give it gas it runs really high and takes a while to get back down to low RPMs as soon as I engage clutch I have no issue it drives .soon as I hold in clutch and disengage it runs really high I would double check for air leaks carburetor manifold exhaust and head gasket and double check spark plug and gas and oil mixture that's what I did and now I'm up and running I am still new to these two stroke 80ccC c motors but I am learning still .there is a guy on the blog named Damon he is the one that helped me and got me back up and running perfectly.. if you have any questions hit me up and I'll try my best to help you.. what motor do you have.

I had the same issue couple days ago bike would crank right up motor would run high soon as I disengaged the clutch to drive it worked fine soon as I stopped the motor would rev really high mine was air leaking from head gasket and too much oil with gas mixture then after 15 minutes my bike would shut off and only run on full choke because of air leak.my engine reved really high like that.. I had to unscrew my idle screw almost all the way out to give it to even out then soon as I go to give it gas it runs really high and takes a while to get back down to low RPMs as soon as I engage clutch I have no issue it drives .soon as I hold in clutch and disengage it runs really high I would double check for air leaks carburetor manifold exhaust and head gasket and double check spark plug and gas and oil mixture that's what I did and now I'm up and running I am still new to these two stroke 80ccC c motors but I am learning still .there is a guy on the blog named Damon he is the one that helped me and got me back up and running perfectly.. if you have any questions hit me up and I'll try my best to help you.. what motor do you have.
Damien what is the guy that helped me out on this blog to get my bike running not Damon .

Hello I am having issues with my motor redlining and over revving only when I pull in the clutch. I have tried everything to fix it. Checked for vacuum leaks around the carborator and intake and put gasket seal everywhere, I tried changing out the carburetor, I messed with the throttle cable it isnt sticking. The bike runs fine when the clutch is out but as soon as I pull the clutch in it starts to redline and if I dont kill the motor it would blow itself up. What am I doing wrong? Its a 80cc 2 stroke motor. I didnt originally have this problem.
I had same problem with mine I replaced the carburetor put new spark plug make sure I had the right oil mixture and they sure my throttle wasn't sticking and my carburetor slide was going up and down so I know I was getting gas in my bowl I had to unscrew my idle screws so that way it would rev down lower so I don't blow my motor it was my head gasket had a very small leak it would run for about 15 minutes and soon as it heated up the air vacuum leak and then also too much oil was fouling out my spark plug double check your head take a flashlight and make sure you don't see any leakage around there cuz I was very surprised with mine a very small leak was causing so many issues what you're having right now is what I was having but my motor is brand new I'm still breaking it in.

Back