GX200 clone for $139.99cdn at Princess Auto

Maybe they come on sale all the time for $139.99 but I thought I'd bite.
6.5hp, almost an exact replica of the GX200 that sells for $500.

x_large

SKU: 8088379
Shaft Diameter: 3/4 in., Low Oil Shutdown, Overhead valve design and electronic ignition for easy starting, increased power and better fuel economy.

Sales flyer:
http://www.princessauto.com/en/current-flyer/view?flyer_run_id=114578

Now, what to do with it?
That is the same as the predator engine harbour freight sells and there is a clutch and trans set up that fits that perfectly and all kinds of goodies for it as well I have acouple of them!not sure why there is a slight difference in displacement though!when i compared them the are exactly the same engine!

Attachments

• 2016-11-08 19.28.48.jpg
    2016-11-08 19.28.48.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 212
I get mine for $99 on sale at the harbor freight. don't know what the conversion rate between canadian pesos and freedom bucks is but surely it can't be that bad?

I get all my GX200 clone performance parts here
https://www.ombwarehouse.com/

Ha! Freedom bucks! Are we really free, or just deluded?
At present the rate is $100us = $133cad
The extra cost buys universal medical care, great school systems and excellent social support systems...
Other than that, the medical ganja, polite folks and beautiful scenery, this place sucks.

The extra cost buys universal medical care, great school systems and excellent social support systems...
Other than that, the medical ganja, polite folks and beautiful scenery, this place sucks.
Spoken like a true Frenc-oh uh I mean Canadian, eh.

we're very deluted :D

That is the same as the predator engine harbour freight sells and there is a clutch and trans set up that fits that perfectly and all kinds of goodies for it as well I have acouple of them!not sure why there is a slight difference in displacement though!when i compared them the are exactly the same engine!

I am in Canada, and here we have Princess Auto which is similar to your Harbor Freight, I have not seen any clutch and trans kit.

Someone said the chinese bicycle kits have the correct gearing and everything you need to place on bicycle. Just wondering what that is for the PowerFist Princess Auto engine. For one the stores are all over Canada, plus the price is decent.

Tons of Sprockets to choose from
https://www.princessauto.com/en/search?Dy=1&Nty=1&Ntt=teeth

I think qmatic has a setup for it. There is a manual clutch for 3/4 shaft in these posts somewhere. hook that baby up to a j shaft and a nuvinci hub. Bet you get some tickets.

I am in Canada, and here we have Princess Auto which is similar to your Harbor Freight, I have not seen any clutch and trans kit.

Someone said the chinese bicycle kits have the correct gearing and everything you need to place on bicycle. Just wondering what that is for the PowerFist Princess Auto engine. For one the stores are all over Canada, plus the price is decent.

Tons of Sprockets to choose from
https://www.princessauto.com/en/search?Dy=1&Nty=1&Ntt=teeth
for an ungoverned but otherwise stock predator 212 on 26 inch wheels I go for a 12:1 overall reduction. it'll get you about 30-35 miles per hour depending on the engine with enough torque to climb anything. once you start throwing power at it all bets are off. honda clones are one of those engines that have a huge aftermarket where you can just keep throwing money at it to keep making more power. and you can reasonably double the power for free.

Princess Auto has a couple 3/4" Torque Converter Kits which you might have to shim down to 5/8" shaft depending on your motor. Price is steep at $339 but they come on sale often at $299 or less. I cannot speak to the quality of the Torque Converter Kit, I have not even looked it over.

My idea for a clutch and transmission is to use double belt pulleys and use the tensioner as a clutch and shifter for a 2 speed power transmission. An over center spring would make the tensioner work in both directions to tension either belt for high and low range.

Back