GX35 max rpm ?

p12texas

Local time
5:14 AM
What's the maximum RPM you have gotten out of your Honda GX35 ?

Great information, around 6500 rpm at full throttle is the sweet spot for steep hill climbing for those who can shift gears. This is where a techometer/hour counter comes in handy. I change my oil every 25 hours and clean the air filter every 10 hours.

I believe 5000 rpm is max torque. Therefore if you are on a steep hill and/or pulling a load be in a gear where you're at least getting 5000 rpm at full throttle. If you can't shift low enough to get 5000 rpm at full throttle then you're overloaded and/or on a hill that's too steep. Engine strain is a very bad thing and can damage the engine just like over reving can.

On level ground be in the highest gear at full throttle where the rpm is around 7000 this'll give you max level ground speed.

Going down hill once you go beyond 7000 rpm at full throttle in the highest gear throttle back. Gravity has taken over and the engine is no longer contributing to acceleration.

Last edited:
Red line is 6,800 so LR Jerry is right on with his EST. also matches the chart

Do you mean redline is 8600 ?
I can’t see redline being lower than the max HP at 7000

Redline means ya should not go past that RPM or you risk engine damage. But you can go past redline if ya want. Racers do it all the time. But by looking at the chart and having LR Jerry explain everything Ya really don't gain any advantages of going 7,500 to 8,500 rpm.
you only risk damaging your engine

Back