GX50 Bogging/Dying

Solux

Local time
6:45 PM
Hey guys, I'm f***ing pissed. Why can't the little guy ever catch a god damn break?

I was going out for a ride today when I started having engine issues. I've only had this thing a week, and I'm on like the third tank of gas.

I'm not very educated on working on these things. I was hoping for reliability when I bought the Staton Honda engine.

Anyways I'm uploading a video, if anyone has any ideas for me please let me know. This is a f***ing bummer man.

It's been running flawless the past few days btw. So not sure what happened.

Did the engine bog down and die itself, or did you hit the kill switch?

Plenty of gas in the tank? And does the primer bulb stay primed?
Filled up with gas before going on my ride, also have a fuel bottle in my backpack. So no issue there. And yeah the bulb has gas in it as well.

Attachments

• 20200822_165518.jpg
    20200822_165518.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 119
I’ve never had a gx50, only a gx35. But never had the problem your having. Maybe some of the experts on engines will chime in soon. So it is getting gas, sounds like spark is not the problem. Is the air filter clean or soaked in gas?

Is it possible it would be clogged if it's a brand new engine? Any tutorials on rebuilding these carbs? Are they similar to the china kits carbs?
Can they get dirty new, Yes, any tut idk havn't used a GX50 myself, also you wanna find the pilot jet it's what controls the fuel when idling

if it's like other honda carbs it is with your pilot screw and i think Idle Screw.

Is there a fuel filter in the tank? A little weighted deal on the end of the fuel line? If so, it's probably not the carb. Check into your clutch, see if it broke a spring.

Back