GX50 Bogging/Dying

You already checked the air filter. You might wanna make sure that the choke lever is not engaged a little bit.

When you first got it, you had trouble with the throttle cable, did you ever adjust the idle screw? Or, were you able to fix the poblem without messing with idle screw?

*Check to make sure the gray choke lever is pushed all the way down....push down firmly.

Did you mess with either of the fuel lines?
I once had a veeery small tear in the fuel line, where it attaches to the carb inlet barb, had the same symptoms until I replaced with new Tygon line.

Also, I always use ethanol free gas. That wouldn't be causing your problem today, but you might want to switch once you get it running again.

Remove the gas cap see wassup while running. Also you may need to fish the fuel filter out of the tank using a wire with a hook on it. Filter is on the end of the suction line. See if it needs cleaning using carb cleaner/air. Your starved for fuel. Using the wire to pull the line out of the fill hole.

When you first got it, you had trouble with the throttle cable, did you ever adjust the idle screw? Or, were you able to fix the poblem without messing with idle screw?

*Check to make sure the gray choke lever is pushed all the way down....push down firmly.

Did you mess with either of the fuel lines?
I once had a veeery small tear in the fuel line, where it attaches to the carb inlet barb, had the same symptoms until I replaced with new Tygon line.

Also, I always use ethanol free gas. That wouldn't be causing your problem today, but you might want to switch once you get it running again.
Yeah I got the problem fixed with the throttle. Had to switch around the washer that's on the throttle screw that attaches to the engine. Then it finally released all the way. I haven't done anything with the fuel line, I only checked to see if there was a filter on the line in the tank. Someone suggests maybe inspecting it and cleaning it. Might do that.

Solux, did this motor start running crappy after you replaced the fuel lines? Did you get them mixed up? Also you might try running an ounce of techron through it mixed in a full tank. 1 oz not the whole bottle, whole bottle is made for 14 to 20 gallons.

Solux, did this motor start running crappy after you replaced the fuel lines? Did you get them mixed up? Also you might try running an ounce of techron through it mixed in a full tank. 1 oz not the whole bottle, whole bottle is made for 14 to 20 gallons.
Hey bud, I haven't replaced any fuel lines on this kit. I was asking around the forum about how you plumb an external fuel tank, but haven't done the mod yet.

OK my bad. Try taking the cap off maybe it isn't venting.

Bad gas?
Kill switch problems?
....exciting Saturday night for all of us, huh? 🤣🤣

1 other thing that might help, push the primer bulb about 10 timed before starting.

Back