Ha

Has anyone tried an
20210219_211920.jpg
experimental method with ram air

I attemped to make a ram air attachment, but I was told ram air wouldn't work on our carbeureted engines.

Something with the atmospheric pressure limiting the velocity of the air coming in.

I haven't tried it though.

Ram air does not work for a 2 stroke engine due to its lack of a constant vacuum and also because they are far to slow in most cases.
If you make the cone big enough it should work even going slow. This might be a 3 foot diameter cone lol but I'm sure someone could make a functioning unit even though it would be not practical at all.

If you make the cone big enough it should work even going slow. This might be a 3 foot diameter cone lol but I'm sure someone could make a functioning unit even though it would be not practical at all.
Even then because a 2 strokes induction is a pulse of atmospheric pressure rushing through the carb as vacuum is created in the case you would need higher than atmospheric during that pulse for any effect and this won't happen at slow speeds at any given volume or size of scoop, stick you're hand out the car window and at what speed does the change in pressure occur ? that's how fast you would need to travel for very little effect,if it were viable every one would use it !

Has anyone tried an View attachment 103678experimental method with ram air
I took a small electric fan and made a air filter for it to go in, hit the switch and it was like a had turbo. I eventually had to remove it because it was getting to be to much trouble keeping a battery charged long enough to actually use it for a long time

Back