Had a Close one Tonight!

I had theft problems in front of Walmart ran in ask security to see security video guard comes out with sad look, the film was so lousy he could not tell if the person was taking or giving but some one did come by f*** with my saddle bag but could not make out color.

Imagine that million dollar company signs everywhere parking lot under surveillance can't make out a detail.

I ask a lot of gas and grocery stores do you have your cameras cover any part of the front porch? Answer always no. Security camera just cover entrance and exits. And 8f you have a theft ask for a picture they will always give you a print of the cheapest quality if even that to protect them.
Cheap lock that's what YouTube always demonstrates with 2 wrenches put together pried apart takes 2 seconds to open take a look, maybe the criminal did his homework for the night.

I had theft problems in front of Walmart ran in ask security to see security video guard comes out with sad look, the film was so lousy he could not tell if the person was taking or giving but some one did come by f*** with my saddle bag but could not make out color.

Imagine that million dollar company signs everywhere parking lot under surveillance can't make out a detail.

I ask a lot of gas and grocery stores do you have your cameras cover any part of the front porch? Answer always no. Security camera just cover entrance and exits. And 8f you have a theft ask for a picture they will always give you a print of the cheapest quality if even that to protect them.
Cheap lock that's what YouTube always demonstrates with 2 wrenches put together pried apart takes 2 seconds to open take a look, maybe the criminal did his homework for the night.

That sounds ugly, sorry to hear that!

How was your bike secured? Nice bike or did someone actually steal a Walmart huffy?

The double wrench method shows just how cheap some locks are and how quick they can pop the lock. That's why I try and fill my u-lock so I can know leverage attacks are a little less likely.

I use a big U_ bolt lock bigger than most wrenches but their are 5 to 10 lbs wrenches too their a bout 16" wrenches might be too f***ing obvious and too heavy and too expensive to carry around. I think flying a sign on the corner reduce crime 80% if not 95% being a lock threat is a sweat write it on a sign fly it.

I use a big U_ bolt lock bigger than most wrenches but their are 5 to 10 lbs wrenches too their a bout 16" wrenches might be too f***ing obvious and too heavy and too expensive to carry around. I think flying a sign on the corner reduce crime 80% if not 95% being a lock threat is a sweat write it on a sign fly it.
I can see bums now flying signs saying "I could be carrying a couple of wrenches to steal your bike, gimme money". It would work great in Riverside, Ca. Every bike there has been stolen at least once.

This conversion make me thankful that panhandling is illegal and the cold is just too much to live through unsheltered. If the homeless started openly extorting people through threats of thievery you might as well move to Africa. I would be upset to see anyone give the wannabe thug as much as a dirty napkin.

Any lock can be defeated but a quality ulock is better than just a cable lock. Using both is better than one of either.

I’m thinking a long magnetic arm or tube possibly made of very thick steel or even titanium that slides out like a footpeg with an electromagnet on the end, when energized will stick to anything you’d lock your bike to and will be tough to remove without cutting the bike rack or ruining the bike.

I’m making mine such that the bike can’t be opened except by me anyway, so if this was made a part of the bike it’d be the unbreakable lock (Bluetooth controlled)

I’m thinking a long magnetic arm or tube possibly made of very thick steel or even titanium that slides out like a footpeg with an electromagnet on the end, when energized will stick to anything you’d lock your bike to and will be tough to remove without cutting the bike rack or ruining the bike.

I’m making mine such that the bike can’t be opened except by me anyway, so if this was made a part of the bike it’d be the unbreakable lock (Bluetooth controlled)
Is that your new patent?

Back