Had to get this of my mind - greedy bike dealer

2-Cycle Speed

Local time
12:52 PM
Recently I had begun to make and sell motorized bikes as a side job/hobby while working and studying. I've sold 4 bikes in the few months since I've started and I have only advertised on craigslist and recently on FB marketplace (so far made a few hundred, immediately reinvested into buying more bikes and motors).

A relative of mine who works for a local gas bike dealer tells me that he received an angry and mad call from his boss. My relative was told that he will be fired by his boss, a motorized bike dealer, unless I take down my advertisements. The reason the boss is saying I must take down my motorized bike ads is because my relative has been getting some parts for me for a discounted price from his boss's stockpile (one motor kit, a few saddles, and a few other things).

The boss believes that my relative is subversively supplying me parts from the boss's own stock in order to "outcompete" and dominate the local gas bike market. The whole accusation of me, a small-time bike enthusiast, outcompeting and ruining the big-time gas bike dealer are completely unfounded. This guy has at least ten front page ads running on FB Marketplace, craigslist, e-bay, and offer-up, and not to mention he sells on amazon and sells his bikes inside of three local ACE hardware stores. Like I'm going to outcompete and unfairly take over this guys business.

By the way, I am not at all using my relative to supply me cheap bike parts for personal gain. I am in fact purchasing all parts on my own from amazon, Walmart, and eBay. My relative told his boss that I do in fact purchase everything for myself, but his boss retaliated in all his wisdom by saying, "well you (relative) gave him the idea to start making and selling motorized bikes, and so it is still your fault that I have "big competition." I blocked the profiles that this bike dealer uses on FB so that he cannot see my ads on FB marketplace. This way, the boss believes that my relative gave me the message to stop selling my own bikes, and so he will no longer be fired. It is important that my relative not be fired since he receives a supply of bikes from his boss which my relative then builds and sells for personal gain, which is okay by his boss.

This make's no sense, a big gas bike dealer (where and whom) that sells from hardware store fronts instead of their own location and then is worried about you yet allows his employee to sell on the side, there is more to this story or something very fishy here!

Recently I had begun to make and sell motorized bikes as a side job/hobby while working and studying. I've sold 4 bikes in the few months since I've started and I have only advertised on craigslist and recently on FB marketplace (so far made a few hundred, immediately reinvested into buying more bikes and motors). A relative of mine who works for a local gas bike dealer tells me that he received an angry and mad call from his boss. My relative was told that he will be fired by his boss, a motorized bike dealer, unless I take down my advertisements. The reason the boss is saying I must take down my motorized bike ads is because my relative has been getting some parts for me for a discounted price from his boss's stockpile (one motor kit, a few saddles, and a few other things). The boss believes that my relative is subversively supplying me parts from the boss's own stock in order to "outcompete" and dominate the local gas bike market. The whole accusation of me, a small-time bike enthusiast, outcompeting and ruining the big-time gas bike dealer are completely unfounded. This guy has at least ten front page ads running on FB Marketplace, craigslist, e-bay, and offer-up, and not to mention he sells on amazon and sells his bikes inside of three local ACE hardware stores. Like I'm going to outcompete and unfairly take over this guys business. By the way, I am not at all using my relative to supply me cheap bike parts for personal gain. I am in fact purchasing all parts on my own from amazon, Walmart, and eBay. My relative told his boss that I do in fact purchase everything for myself, but his boss retaliated in all his wisdom by saying, "well you (relative) gave him the idea to start making and selling motorized bikes, and so it is still your fault that I have "big competition." I blocked the profiles that this bike dealer uses on FB so that he cannot see my ads on FB marketplace. This way, the boss believes that my relative gave me the message to stop selling my own bikes, and so he will no longer be fired. It is important that my relative not be fired since he receives a supply of bikes from his boss which my relative then builds and sells for personal gain, which is okay by his boss.
You can finger the scum, we won't say it was you.

if the guys that worried about the competition he's got other problems.

what type of kits is he selling? just regular eBay CGs?

if you want to outcompete him, buy up cheap kits on Alibaba for 30$ a piece and slap them on free bikes.

BAM, no more competion!

If you were getting parts from my stock at a reduced price, then selling for a profit, I'd fire you.

Recently I had begun to make and sell motorized bikes as a side job/hobby while working and studying. I've sold 4 bikes in the few months since I've started and I have only advertised on craigslist and recently on FB marketplace (so far made a few hundred, immediately reinvested into buying more bikes and motors). A relative of mine who works for a local gas bike dealer tells me that he received an angry and mad call from his boss. My relative was told that he will be fired by his boss, a motorized bike dealer, unless I take down my advertisements. The reason the boss is saying I must take down my motorized bike ads is because my relative has been getting some parts for me for a discounted price from his boss's stockpile (one motor kit, a few saddles, and a few other things). The boss believes that my relative is subversively supplying me parts from the boss's own stock in order to "outcompete" and dominate the local gas bike market. The whole accusation of me, a small-time bike enthusiast, outcompeting and ruining the big-time gas bike dealer are completely unfounded. This guy has at least ten front page ads running on FB Marketplace, craigslist, e-bay, and offer-up, and not to mention he sells on amazon and sells his bikes inside of three local ACE hardware stores. Like I'm going to outcompete and unfairly take over this guys business. By the way, I am not at all using my relative to supply me cheap bike parts for personal gain. I am in fact purchasing all parts on my own from amazon, Walmart, and eBay. My relative told his boss that I do in fact purchase everything for myself, but his boss retaliated in all his wisdom by saying, "well you (relative) gave him the idea to start making and selling motorized bikes, and so it is still your fault that I have "big competition." I blocked the profiles that this bike dealer uses on FB so that he cannot see my ads on FB marketplace. This way, the boss believes that my relative gave me the message to stop selling my own bikes, and so he will no longer be fired. It is important that my relative not be fired since he receives a supply of bikes from his boss which my relative then builds and sells for personal gain, which is okay by his boss.
Easy fix. Don't buy parts from them anymore, or buy them direct without involving your relative. And ignore all the stupid things they say. You don't have to stop doing anything.

A lot of companies have policies against employees engaging in off work enterprises that are in direct competition with that business. It can create a conflict of interest and can drag the business's reputation into any disputes.

Back