Haggards self built and designed bikes

57_Picture_22_1.jpg

57_Picture_82_1.jpg

57_Picture_128_2.jpg

57_Picture_135_1.jpg

57_Picture_128_3.jpg

what ya think??

expansion chambers

Beautiful. I always appreciate the build your own mentality.
Do you fabricate your own expansion chambers? Which Vancouver? BC, Washington or?

Fun stuff. It looks like you are using Pocket bike engines and parts. I have something in the works with the same engine how well does it propel a bike?

wow thanks for the enthusiam and thumbs up fellas. I'm in Vancouver,Canada, and mile high nailed it. yes i use the same parts as they use for pocket bikes only because I havent a clue what else to use. My brother messed around with chainsaw motors and chopsaw motors and I came across this 49cc cag off a pocket bike.
my biggest problem was the gearing as it was geared to turn a pocket bike tire which is a lit smaller than a 26'' bicycle tire. to gear it correctly ,i would need a back sprocket roughly the size of the tire .
To get around this ,I ran the original pocket bike front sprocket and back sprocket which i connected to the rear tire hub after cutting away the rim. I ran the hub on original back axle and connected a pulley to it aswell which runs a vbelt down to pulley mounted on rear tire. I'll try post a close up of the workings as its kinda hard to see from the pics.
quickly rereading this. i think it might be a little hard to follow . excuse me but i'm trying to get this off quickly as have to go to work . will give a proper layout of system tommorow

~Haggard~
57_Picture_54_1.jpg

if u look closly at this terrible pic{sorry}, you can see the chain from motor running forward to sprocket connected to pulley running vbelt down to wheel
I am honestly amazed what this 49cc will do over 40mph on straight stretch and takes off from dead stop real well also.

Great solution to the problem. I was worried about the gearing so when I picked up an engine I grabed one of the Continuously Variable Transmissions that fit the PB engines. I am hoping that by having the tranny it will take care of that problem.

Thanks Mile-High. I looked at what i thought was a cv gearbox on a 49cc engine but i am pretty sure all it was was a different clutch housing with a chain and sprocket changing absolutely nothing as far as gear ratio. the bigger pb engines have them though . the 70 cc and 125 i believe. what size is the one you have and is it a 2 stroke or 4??

I have a 49cc 2 stroke and got a CVT to fit it that uses a belt and changes the size of the pulley depending on speed and torque. It works very much like the Variator found on older Peugeot and Motobecane mopeds. I got the engine and CVT last week and the bike to put it on yesterday. Now the problem is more snow and cold on the way here in Colorado. Oh well just have to go snowboarding.

Back