Half link

Juggernaut225

Local time
6:38 PM
My half link exploded and I'm having to use the stock tensioner which I dislike very much. Would a #40 half link work with my 415 chain and not cause issues?

Don’t guess. All those chains have tiny differences. The most obvious difference is inside width. The less obvious is pin and roller diameters. Also 2-digit chains are for going slow. Like machinery. 3-digit chains tend to be powersports chains. I have a #40 link in my toolbox. Never been used cause it fits nothing except #40. Not the same. I have messed with half links a lot. I once ran a 2-speed that had two chains side by side so half links were a great solution until they grenaded on me. I have tried welding the cotter pin side, I’ve tried modding a 40 half link to fit. The best deal was making a fake half link from a regular link. Even that broke. Just avoid half links whatever way you can. Like maybe go up or down a couple teeth on your rear sprocket. Or, get a better tensioner.

I have a cnc 11 tooth tensioner but without a half link chain is waaaay to loose to use the motor mounted one but if I pull a link chain is about 3\16 too short and I have to use the stock tensioner there just isn't an in-between without one idk my 1st half link exploded on my first good ride and I had to peddle about 2.miles home it hit my case and exploded cotter pin fell out or broke and pin wiggled loose scared the s**t outta me since I was doing about 40

But from what your telling me they all explode which makes me sad

I have a cnc 11 tooth tensioner but without a half link chain is waaaay to loose to use the motor mounted one but if I pull a link chain is about 3\16 too short and I have to use the stock tensioner there just isn't an in-between without one idk my 1st half link exploded on my first good ride and I had to peddle about 2.miles home it hit my case and exploded cotter pin fell out or broke and pin wiggled loose scared the sh*t outta me since I was doing about 40

But from what your telling me they all explode which makes me sad
Yea man I been there. When you’re going at a good clip and suddenly your motor revs out. Pedaling sucks ass. I’ve called my friend with a pickup enough times to get my own pickup and Uber account.

I'm sorry I am not Jesus I'm afraid I can not help you with your problem.
But, if your looking for out of town mortician service please look me up, I would be more than happy to find you a burial plot.

Back