hand grip multi speed

billy270

Local time
5:02 PM
hey any one got pics on what they did to keep the gas twist grip and the gear slector

Just move the grip-shift to the LHS. It'll be backwards, but you get used to it very quickly.

To reduce clutter even more, fit a dual-pull brake lever on the RHS and do away with the brake lever on the LHS.

Here's a pic of the LHS of my bars:-

Attachments

• Switch.jpg
    Switch.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 165
kool so what kinda set up do u have for electrical goes i am wanting light mainly head and tail lights

kool so what kinda set up do u have for electrical goes i am wanting light mainly head and tail lights

I'm in the middle of building a decent lighting system with generator-based charging system.
So far, I have the battery, (12V 5Ah SLA), 12V dual 18W/18W headlight and motorcycle switch mounted. (You saw the switch in the pic.)
I've set it up for 18W low beam and 36W high beam. It's great and even works well in daytime for extra visibility to other motorists.

My taillight is currently a separate flashing LED type. I'll eventually fit a better one.
Next is a decent horn.

A couple more pics. The black box under the tank is the battery/fuse box.
(You can also see the dual-pull brake lever in the 'front' view.):-

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 170
  • RHS.jpg
    RHS.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 163
  • Battery Box.jpg
    Battery Box.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
well looks good i am not real good with electrical i mean i am bace level switch light and a batery lol well when u get it figured out id buy a harness if u just had a head light and tale light working good work i like it

A bit hard to make a wiring loom for another bike - it needs to be custom-made to suit the frame, battery position, light type etc.
Also, there was heaps of work making the battery box, mounting brackets etc. I don't have much equipment. It took me days to do.

Back