Happy Christmas for 2022

Actually...December 25th was the church's chosen date somewhere along of the time of the Council of Nicea around 325 CE, (AD)...Constantine reasoned that it was easier to incorporate this as a date for Christmas since it would coincide with the ancient Roman 'Saturnalia' celebration festival of the rebirth of the sun and thus making it an easier transition for pagan Romans, when and if they converted to the so-called Christanity of that era.

Ps...Trust me when I tell you that this was nothing more than a political ploy on the Emperor's part in order to try to unify his Empire with its many diverse religious entities he was dealing with at that time.

Some historians argue It was the 3rd century while others argue it was the 4th century 'while other historians argue that the birth of Christ has always been celebrated for centuries before the 3rd century

Jesus is my higher power, I celebrate on Dec 25th

while other historians argue that the birth of Christ has always been celebrated for centuries before the 3rd century
If that had really been so, there would have been some sort of documentation of the correct date, sadly none is provided for us thus far.

An interesting note to all of this though was that Jesus had never asked that his birthday be observed, Rather, he did command his followers to celebrate and commemorate his death through the bread and wine, celebrating the last supper that he instituted with his disciples, to be done until he comes again in Glory...This of course signifies that the Second Coming is far more important than the day of his earthly birth, though the Second Coming could never happen without the first taking place.

I'm old school long as some one says have a good day I'm ok. Wish me happy any happy hollday it makes me happy.just don't say have a crappy what ever day. I'm a Christan but I can get along with all religions even Muslims which was hard at first dude at store told me he was a Muslim that's why he never drinks I thought to self but you sell liquor. I walked away and thought I should just be kind

he was a Muslim that's why he never drinks I thought to self but you sell liquor. I walked away and thought I should just be kind
The word 'hypocritical' still comes to mind though...lol...lol...These are the same moslems that say it's ok to kill us 'infidels' whenever found and convenient to do so...lol.

He is just doing his part is all, he knows alcoholism kills many people every year in the US and he is quite willing to take his profits off of his alcohol sales while performing his 'religious duty' of killing off as many folks as he can with this stuff while he is at it...lol.

Ps...He is just doing it slowly is all, unless of course it results in a drunk driving fatality or two along the way, then he can claim a quicker victory while shouting 'allah is great', (allahu akbar), in Arabic...lol.

artworks-000259521959-1we7qi-t500x500.jpg

Some historians argue It was the 3rd century while others argue it was the 4th century 'while other historians argue that the birth of Christ has always been celebrated for centuries before the 3rd century

Jesus is my higher power, I celebrate on Dec 25th
The birth day of Jesus Christ was never stated in the bible for a reason. The day of Nisan 14 was, the day of the great sacrifice. That is the day we remember.

The day of Nisan 14 was, the day of the great sacrifice. That is the day we remember.
And that tells me that you at one time have made a very serious study of the bible because you know of that date 'Nisan 14' as the date of that Passover celebration and the inauguration of the last supper and it's subsequent observance by Jesus...Well done.

Back