Happy medium between 2 and 4 stroke?

WOW man, the infinite Flux Capacitor does exist. That is soo groovy man!

Going beyond merely adapting to an existing design, I think one strong advantage of D-cycle would be to have a long stroke relative to the block height.

That's going to be rpm limited by the speed of the piston head. That's a fair bit of mass to be accelerated quickly on its exhaust/intake stroke.

They most likely soften the stress the mini connecting rod experiences by designing a gentle transition into the profile of the D-cycle cam lobe. (D-cycle cam lobe controls the location (and thus acceleration) of the piston top in relation to the bore during exhaust and intake)

This Rotary Engine is cool 4 lbs and 5 HP
It looks like it will fit nicely in a bicycle frame

This Rotary Engine is cool 4 lbs and 5 HP
It looks like it will fit nicely in a bicycle frame

That engine also does 4 cycles per revolution:

@CrazyDan Is a dual combustion axial engine possible? I've seen AC compressors that have a dual sided piston. If those components were adapted meaning 2 cams on either side of the shaft it could fire on both sides. A 14 cylinder 350cc? 25cc cylinders that are dual sided.

Picture this model engine I found only the opposite meaning the cylinder pushes back and forth rather than together.

@Will'smotobikes19 here is a working opposing piston engine gif used in a diesel ford truck not available in the US because it doesn't pass emissions:
Achates-Power-2.7L-OP-Engine-Cutaway.gif

Back