happy to be here

pedler

Local time
7:21 AM
Hello all. I am happy to say that I am finally embarking on my first project. First things first, I am going to check out a bike today, a Nirve cruiser (http://albany.craigslist.org/bik/666401648.html). Anyone ever think about converting one of these? I may have questions about the frame. Should I post them in the parts and accesories list?

oh yeah, despite my education I am a terrible speller!! I left an "a" out of my login name. I prefer cycling to hawking and the absence of an "a" is meaningful in this regard! Any way to change it? I tried to sign up again but was told that my email was already in use despite having not completed the registration process. Can/should I quit the group and return as Pedaler? If so how do I do that?

Sorry for the problematic start folks. I am looking forward to joining!

Well, I don't suppose the "A" matters very much. But if you'd prefer to have it in, then it's probably do-able. You might need the help of the guy who got this started. His log-in name is Tom. He shouldn't be hard to find.

But then "a rose by any other name would still smell like a flower" or something like that :)

Anyway, welcome. That's a great looking bike. And you'll have a blast.

We all blaem it on fat fingers. Welcome to MBc from the Giant Side of Texas!

Howdy yall! Yeah I scored the Nirve today! She's "big-boned" for sure and requires a bit more energy/momentum to pull a u-turn than I am accustomed to, but gives a forgiving floating ride. Smoooooooooth. It was my first time riding on a fat-*** cruiser like this. I may like the ride on my wife's comfort bike better, but this baby is screaming "70cc"!

Thanks for the Nirve search advice. The build out pointed to is totally sweet. I think I may have a few things in common with the switchblade crowd. Not least, working off the Sturmey hub....

Welcome pedler! Good luck with your project. I have 2 of the Nirve Switchblades. I am sure you will have a blast. Peace.

Back