Harbor Freight #97964 79.5cc 2.5HP - now what?

Hi skunky,

HF motor turns counter-clockwise and doesn't need to be turned around. Several have used the Q-Matic drive system on the HF motor [we designed it to fit many, many, many motors] and it works 100% on the HF motor.

We can upgrade our drive [in a matter of minutes] to bolt-on to the HF motor, and "dial in" the correct ratios to set the right clutch stall speed via special drive pulleys.

The Q-Matic ratios are almost un-limited, and are easily changed for individual needs during production [to save you $$$$].

If you need more information, contact any EZM dealer or either main office [East coast... NC, West coast..... CA]

Have fun,

Attachments

• Q Matic.jpg
    Q Matic.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 451
  • Q Matic 3.jpg
    Q Matic 3.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 411
  • Q Matic 2.jpg
    Q Matic 2.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 383
Last edited:
Bigger Pics :)

bigger pics :)

Attachments

• Q Matic.jpg
    Q Matic.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 482
  • Q Matic 2.jpg
    Q Matic 2.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 480
  • Q Matic 3.jpg
    Q Matic 3.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 581
When can I buy one? Your website doesn't say anything about it. :sick: I'm interested in the part you show mounted to the motor in the pic you posted - I have everything else I need to make it work.

-Mark

Hi snowbanana,

The HF 79 CC motor doesn't come with a clutch.

The Q-Matic drive system has a built in cent. clutch. The Q-matic drive doesn't mount the clutch on the motor shaft because the extra weight acts like a flywheel and slows the rate at which the motor accelerates. The Q-Matic suspends the Max Torque between 2 very heavy-duty bearings and only part of the clutch spins until it reaches engagement speed.

Have fun,

It doesn't come with one. This one will fit it:http://www.mfgsupply.com/m/c/4-458.html?id=eIQ5C35R

A more expensive way to go is with a 78mm centrifugal clutch. This allows you a selection of gear boxes (reduction gears) Stanton and Dax usually have these but at a bit more cost than the larger max torque clutch.

The HF 79cc engine does not need as much gear reduction as many of the smaller engines do. This should work a Torque Converter Backplate & Jackshaft Here:
http://www.bmikarts.com/shop/index.php?keywords=verter
It's the 5th item listed.
Hope this helps.

Tom

Back