Harbor Freight Engines

Porkchop

Local time
12:37 AM
I was at Harbor Freight within the past hour. They have a gasoline engine powered water pump for about $130.00.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=66585

It looked at it and it appears to be the very same engine that's on their auger that sells for about $200.00, just a different color. There are a few sites that sell the same engine starting at about $120.00 and most of them are sold out. Not plugging HF, just posting a heads up for anyone that might be considering this engine. Don't forget about the 20% discount coupons you can get on line. That'll bring the price down to about $104.00

Very nice work Porkchop....

So you are saying that the "entire" bolt on clutch unit for the engine would be the cost of $2.34??

I am searching scooter sites to see if I can find these clutch units online.

Would anyone know judging by the units if they are readily available online somewhere?

Any help is much appreciated!
I'll try to make this short and simple. The lady I spoke with at HF parts, actually refered to as "Customer Service", told me the clutch, thats listed as part #35 on the parts list was described as a "Flexible Piece". Chineese interpretation I guess. She told me that replacement parts for items they sell are very cheap. She did not say cheap as in price or quality though ! Ha ! Ha ! She also said her computer was giving her the same part numbers that I had no more, no less. #35 was what she was looking at. I asked if she was technicaly savy with these engine to which she said no, she only took orders. I told her I couldn't believe I could get that clutch for $2.34. I assume the shipping would be as per their regular rates which are posted on Harbor Freight's web site home page. That's pretty much all I know about this engine and set up possibilities as of now !

..... PC ......

Last edited:
BTW. Looked up the PDF manual for the auger. It LOOKS like the parts needed to add a clutch to the pump motor are: 33, 34, 35, 36, & 37.

Code:
Item  Desc                Qty
33    Washer (B)          2
34    Return Spring       1
35    Flexible Piece      2
36    Washer              2
37    Screw               2

#35 is the actual clutch pad & 2 are needed.

Last edited:
H.F. engine

Hi Guys!.I caled the second H.F. in my area and they have one motor left.O.T.D. price to me is 86.40 .They said they will hold for me for 24hrs.It may not be a bad idea to get two clutches being they are so cheap.The springs and friction surfaces will wear out after awhile ,I think.I forgot P.C. what is the size of the tank and possible miles per gallon on this engine?.Great Legwork to all.You guys ROCK!!!:D

BTW. Looked up the PDF manual for the auger. It LOOKS like the parts needed to add a clutch to the pump motor are: 33, 34, 35, 36, & 37.

Code:
Item  Desc                Qty
33    Washer (B)          2
34    Return Spring       1
35    Flexible Piece      2
36    Washer              2
37    Screw               2

#35 is the actual clutch pad & 2 are needed.

Take a look at this....

http://www.monsterscooterparts.com/stclpa336434.html

Seems as though this would bolt right up to that engine, with a quick trip to the hardware store for the bolts and washers.

Any thoughts?

H.F. motor

Beaudry!!,you are the man.B.M.P. has the bolts listed as 6mmx1inchx40 and, the spacers are 7/8 inches long.So, these need to be a little shorter right by 1/4 to1/5 inch.I can always cut them .I have air tools.

H.F. engine

B.T.W .I am sure this motor is no T.L.E 43 but being that the h.p. of the two is the same how would this motor compare to it ?. Sorry to get off topic.:rolleyes:

H.F. engine

I figured to ship to me the clutch would be 24.00 .quite a bit more than the complete unit from H.F. Hard to believe six weeks to ship from H.F. website.:mad:

Back